Anyone setting eggs on or near today (May 17th)?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hd_darcy, May 17, 2011.

1. hd_darcy

hd_darcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I just set 16 d'uccles in my Brinsea Eco 20 .... fingers crossed I don't screw it up this time..GRR...... Would love a hatching partner!

2. jenanneray

jenanneray Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    Franklinton, NC
    I'm setting 3+ dozen eggs May 18th! All are delaware mixes/pure. This is my first time using an incubator, but I have 4 eggs due on the 20th under a broody BA! [​IMG]

3. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Setting in Quail Eggs today - lol i got about 29 going in [​IMG] then they due on the 2nd june or 4 th [​IMG]

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Yeah I just set 15 of different breeds but really hoping the Bantam Brown leghorns are fertile and hatch. These are rosecombs and either they are rare or no one likes them and wants to keep them. I can't find anyone who has them or knows much about them.

5. BarefootMom

BarefootMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Half Way, Missouri
    I will be setting 4 dozen eggs this week sometime-hopefully tomorrow if I can get the bator cleaned up by then! Just had a good duckling hatch.

I *think* they are standard Cochin and Cochin/Americaunas (I know I spelled that wrong...[​IMG]) I am hatching out on shares for a guy that usually hatches with his broodies...well his broodies aren't broody and he has eggs running out of his ears! :lol He posted an ad on CL wanting help and I replied. I have never hatched on shares but whatever we will see what happens! [​IMG]

oh and I have eggs being shipped to me from fellow BYCers- 12+ Ringneck Pheasant eggs and 8 Royal Palm Turkey eggs...gotta get my hands on another incubator! lol

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. Jeevesrules

Jeevesrules Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Otley, Leeds, England
    I set 6 eggs today at about 4:40!! first time using a broody!!

7. jdopler

jdopler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Roggen, Colorado
    i will be setting eggs on wednesday. just picked up incubator from post office this morn. Very excited about my first hatch they are eggs from my flock so i can get the hang of it before ordering eggs.

8. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    I am setting eggs today too! This is my second hatch and the first one wasn't too sucessful, only 1 hatched [​IMG] Hopefully this one will be better.
    I am setting 6 Cream Legbars and 4 Millefleur Sablepoots

I would love to join in, not sure what's expected of me in doing so but am sure I will learn.

Happy hatching everybody xx

9. angelamichelel

angelamichelel Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    nw alabama
    I set 11 eggs today in my new 1588 hovabator. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I have 5 australorps and some bantam assortments

10. jdopler

jdopler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Roggen, Colorado
    i couldnt wait! temp was steady for a few hours so theres 39 eggs in there now!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by