Anyone setting eggs on or near today (May 17th)?

i set 6 silkies on the 18th i am not sure how they are doing i am so new to this i cant tell what they r supposed to look like when i candel them or my light just isnt bright enough lol

Well my one pip has turned into 21 happy healthy chicks!!! Who woulda thought! Had 11 hatch on day 19 and 11 hatch on day 20, its not day 21 for another 8 hours. One that hatched on day 20 is very small and unhealthy looking, I'm not expecting him to make it but have propped him up in a cup with damp paper towel in it and may give him some sugar water in a minute but I had already told myself I would not help, but he seems to want to try so I will do what i can. I am super happy with the rest though, all vibrant little darlings. There are 11 eggs left in the bator but they have gone very quiet, no pips or noises which i think isn't a great sign considering the others all pipped and were out within 24 hours of each other, but I will leave them until day 25.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=517447

A
few pics there
smile.png

So far, so good! Out of my 10 eggs that I had in my bator, I put three under my broody at last minute. Well, she hatched two d'uccles for me!
smile.png
Out of the 7 that are in my incubator, I have three that are pipping. Today is day 19. Exciting!!

ETA: One hatched in the bator, and we got to witness it all! So cool!! First time we have been able to catch one hatching
smile.png

Last edited:
I'm putting mine into lockdown tonight!!!
wee.gif
Looking forward to seeing chickies hatch, especially since this is my first time with an incubator. I'll update later on how many actually made it to lockdown.

edited to add: I have 7 eggs in lockdown, and I can't wait for hatch day!! I checked them earlier and saw a few eggs rocking!
wee.gif

Last edited:
came home from work to 5 wobbly babies and 7 pipped eggs, its a day early.. so happy but had to get on computer or I would have my hands in there touching babies and grabbing empty shells. colorado is too dry for me to be playing with my humidity.
jumpy.gif
yahoo! Babies!!
how is everyone else doing?

Well, it looks like I'm late getting on this thread but....I set 35 OEGB and Rhode Island Reds on the 17th also! I just checked on them and have 1 OEGB pipped and dead in shell
sad.png
and have 1 RIR that is nearly hatched out as I type this! I think my humidity might be a little high, I do not have a hygrometer but, it is very humid right now. I hope that the still born chicks aren't going to be the norm during the next day or so!
hmm.png
I am using an OLD hovabator that had hatched hundreds of chicks while I was growing up. We always had decent success with it but, I am worried the temperature fluctuations recently my hinder my success. Any suggestions on reducing humidity if possible?

Back
Top Bottom