Anyone tried the DASP Fully Automatic 48 Egg Digital Incubator?

beakmaster

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 3, 2013
Panama City, Florida
I am tired of my hova bator temp spikes. I guess its the house temp fluctuating slighly during the day causing this. I can't find a place here that doesn't change in temp during the day. If I wanted to watch the eggs all day I would sit on them myself.....
Having finished my rant now the point.... I have been looking into a better incubator and came across the Dasp 48 egg model. Does it self regulate temp in the case of a spike? It says on the ad that it keeps temps within 1 degree. I would be taking a hit on the number of eggs sorta..... I guess if I killed half or all of my 120 quail eggs with the temp spiking its not much difference. The price is up there ($199 on sale) so I need some reviews before pulling the trigger. They have no reviews for this model on amazon or elsewhere.

Hello beakmaster,

A little more info on our 48 egg incubator.

We have used them ourselves to hatch White leghorns and Cortunix quail eggs with success on both hatches.

The whiteleghorns hatched 18 out of 24 eggs and the cortunix quails hatched 32 quails out of 35 eggs. ( Cortunix seem to be a bit easier to incubate)

We have sold many of these units and have had customers send us personal feedback thanking us for the incubator and how it was a great fun project and had success.

The temperature unit works great too as long as the room temperature does not fluctuate often.
We placed our incubator in a closet where the temps did not fluctuate during the night time.

We have used all types of incubator including the manual heat controlled ones and the digital, we have had success with both types. As long as you carefully monitor the humidity and make sure the heat is spot on everything should go well.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask us any further questions if needed.

Regards

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom