Anyone tried using mountain lion urine packs to keep preds away?

I'd be more afraid of ATTRACTING a mountain lion with it. Say it's pee from a female. HELLO, mating season?????????

No thanks, I'll pass. We already have mountain lions around here. My neighbor scared one off his property last year.

Quote:
Let me just stop you right there and point out that I'd bet my mortgage on almost anything.

If someone wants it, they can have it. I might even rig the outcome in THEIR favor!

gig.gif

Quote:
You may be right...I didn't think so, but maybe.

Interested in a wager?
lau.gif
tongue.png

When the FIL sets traps for Bobcats he uses urine from a regular house cat. A female in season works great but urine from a tomcat works good too.

just remember in the predator's mind you are in their territory and most will meet threats to their home just as you will. If a new scent comes up they will investigate it's source.

And at the end of the trail is food, AKA chickens,

My husband and my son have successfully peed the predators away from the fountain of fish, but I don't think that I would believe they could do the same for the animals. Man or dog can pee around a pond or fountain to keep predators away from the fish, but they predators that come for fish are only a few of the predator that come for chickens, and a chicken is a hearty meal while a fish is a little snack I'm thinking. Also, to pee around the chicken pen would take some serious drinking (it would in my yard anyway).

My Dad an avid hunter has said for people asking this very question to use Mt.lion's wee,a humans,human hair or anything with our scent be it a shirt or the ever lovley sweaty drawers or a radio.
wink.png
Haven't had to try it yet but it worked for him when he'd be out camping in BFE.

Back
Top Bottom