Anyone try the blood type or Genotype diet? For health reasons...

Quote:
I didn't know he had a personalized diet! I will definitely check it out!! DH and I haven't done the secretor test yet, but it is on my to-do list.

This might work for someone who is from only 1 ethnic group. But my ancestors came from 12 different places. Just because my blood is from one area, dosen't mean the rest of my body agrees.

Oh I love diet gimmick questions!

Here's a SURE FIRE way to lose weight... it has worked for me tremendously.

Decrease your caloric intake. Eat a balanced diet. Get 7 to 8 hours a night of sleep. And increase your activity.

This advice will work for you, and you don't even have to know your blood type, your ancestry, buy any fancy-schmancy diet "drugs" or Hydroxycut or green tea or any of that crap. If you like green tea, drink green tea--it is very good for you--but don't let someone lie to you and tell you green tea or HCG--which is a hormone--or any of that crap will help you lose weight.

Decrease caloric intake. Increase your physical activity. Voila! Healthy weight loss.

You may send me the $19.95 you paid for your diet book, and my advice will work better.

Quote:
Since you've immediately started off by REALLY upsetting me (which is putting it nicely since this is a family site and I have other choice words going through my head at the moment), please GO AWAY. You are incredibly rude! For future reference, TRY READING MY ORIGINAL POST. I specifically state that I am not interested in it for losing weight, but for my 41 year old husband who is already pre-diabetic and battling symptoms (doctor has said it is genetic, not lifestyle in this case). My husband is already 6'1 and 175 lbs, so if he loses weight I will be concerned. We eat healthy and he is incredibly healthy (exercises at least times a week if not daily and it usually consists of running 5 or so miles or doing P90X workouts). I think we have the cut calorie intake and exercise down. I am well aware of gimmick crap, but this has NOTHING to do with weight loss. So, again, go away unless you can be nice and actually participate legitimately.

Quote:
Since you've immediately started off by REALLY upsetting me (which is putting it nicely since this is a family site and I have other choice words going through my head at the moment), please GO AWAY. You are incredibly rude! For future reference, TRY READING MY ORIGINAL POST. I specifically state that I am not interested in it for losing weight, but for my 41 year old husband who is already pre-diabetic and battling symptoms (doctor has said it is genetic, not lifestyle in this case). My husband is already 6'1 and 175 lbs, so if he loses weight I will be concerned. We eat healthy and he is incredibly healthy (exercises at least times a week if not daily and it usually consists of running 5 or so miles or doing P90X workouts). I think we have the cut calorie intake and exercise down. I am well aware of gimmick crap, but this has NOTHING to do with weight loss. So, again, go away unless you can be nice and actually participate legitimately.

Wow.... Never expected such venom from a tongue-in-cheek response. You're right, I missed the original post and have to apologize for that... I see people all the time looking at these genotype diets and gimmicks to lose weight, and I incorrectly made an assumption I shouldn't have made.

Believe me, I'll go away. I"m pretty much done with BYC anyway and won't be renewing my GFM. Too many people who take tongue-in-cheek responses WAY too seriously and get angry over... um... forum posts.

How great must your life be that a tongue-in-cheek forum post made you so profusely angry? Again, my apologies for having mis-read your original post... but dang... really, all that venom over tongue-in-cheek?

Consider me a nonparticipant.

HHandbasket, apology accepted.
hugs.gif
This is just a subject that is very frustrating for us right now since DH is young (only 41 years old) and he's being quite symptomatic. Yet the doctor says there is nothing he can do right now (he doesn't want to treat with meds at this point) since DH is a healthy weight and active. He said DH is a classic example of genetic diabetes that is unrelated to diet and exercise.
sad.png
We have seen how poor his dad's health has gotten from diabetes and his mom was recently diagnosed and is no on meds. Neither are excessively overweight (maybe 20 lbs at most, but they are in their 70s, so I think that goes for most in that age group).

Quote:
Ya know this is ok too.. cause National Geographic will do a cheek swab for you and get your haplo-group then you can input that into the program too. Your ethnicity is written on your genes. Your blood type is linked to a whole host of diseases, it is called gene linkage. Here is a simple scholar search I did for blood type and disease, lots to read from scientific journals.http://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...ease&btnG=Search&as_sdt=0,33&as_ylo=&as_vis=0
This is only one search I did, there is so much science that exists as proof of this idea.
As for the young man with the diabetes, remember your genes are not your destiny, epigenetics is an emerging science and allows for the expression of our phenotype based on how we live ( environment, stress, food etc..). So it is possible to turn the volume down on the genes. Dr. D'Adamo also wrote a book just on diabetes. If you are close to him in Conn, he stills sees patients.

Calorie restriction will work for awhile but eventually it fails, particularly women. No other diet will make you healthier this one will, sure you might have to tweak it or dig deeper into your genotype by knowing your secretor status. http://www.dadamo.com/knowbase/newbie/a.htm
You
would not walk into a pharmacy and take every pill within, so why would anyone eat every food in the supermarket? One man's food is another's poison. Being curious may be just the thing to change your life.

Quote:
Ya know this is ok too.. cause National Geographic will do a cheek swab for you and get your haplo-group then you can input that into the program too. Your ethnicity is written on your genes. Your blood type is linked to a whole host of diseases, it is called gene linkage. Here is a simple scholar search I did for blood type and disease, lots to read from scientific journals.http://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...ease&btnG=Search&as_sdt=0,33&as_ylo=&as_vis=0
This is only one search I did, there is so much science that exists as proof of this idea.
As for the young man with the diabetes, remember your genes are not your destiny, epigenetics is an emerging science and allows for the expression of our phenotype based on how we live ( environment, stress, food etc..). So it is possible to turn the volume down on the genes. Dr. D'Adamo also wrote a book just on diabetes. If you are close to him in Conn, he stills sees patients.

Calorie restriction will work for awhile but eventually it fails, particularly women. No other diet will make you healthier this one will, sure you might have to tweak it or dig deeper into your genotype by knowing your secretor status. http://www.dadamo.com/knowbase/newbie/a.htm
You
would not walk into a pharmacy and take every pill within, so why would anyone eat every food in the supermarket? One man's food is another's poison. Being curious may be just the thing to change your life.

I like your description/explanation!
big_smile.png
I wish we were near Connecticut to go see Dr. Adamo, but we're in southern California...pretty much as far as we can get while still in the continental US. However, I will look into the Diabetes book! Thanks!!

You can look for practitioners all over the country on the Institute for Human Individuality website. I suspect your hubby will be non secretor ( more on this in the Live Right for Your Type book), but one step at a time.
smile.png
Slowly, gently and surely.

Back
Top Bottom