Anyone up for a Hatchalong?

Yay!!!
Here we have my wigglerssss!!! day 41 yes!!! omg and now what gosh !!! im nervous !!!!now I have to look closer and
pop.gif
closer til BORN,,,,
weheeee!
celebrate.gif
when almost all hope was gone, they apper wiggling... and they do wiggle hard uf.... well now all my incognities about a baby emu came back again...broother, lights woa this is magnificentlywikily great feeling!!! Hatching a baby emu wejiiii

That's exciting Polli! You don't even know how happy I am for you! I felt so bad that you were having the absolute worst luck ever, I know you tried your hardest to hatch some. I'm glad you got the 2 older chicks but I'm even more excited over your 2 wigglers, you'll be so much closer to the ones you hatched yourself & it'll be so gratifying to know that they hatched because of all the TLC that they received from you...yay Polli! Oh & I love the names! I used to have a hunting beagle (my 2nd ever self made champion) that I named GRHBCH CH Sheets' Whiskey in the Jar (Metallica fan lol) then her sister (my 3rd ever champion) was HBCH GRCH Sheets' Tila Tequila on the Rocks.
our mini horse is named Tequila.. the mini donkey is named Sangria

Ok my last chick hatched but it bled quite a bit & is pretty weak. All of the yolk sack was absorbed thank goodness but there was blood everywhere when I got home from work & the shell has a pool of blood also. It lost the right amount of weight so I'm not sure what happened...

What a cute mini horse!

Ok my last chick hatched but it bled quite a bit & is pretty weak. All of the yolk sack was absorbed thank goodness but there was blood everywhere when I got home from work & the shell has a pool of blood also. It lost the right amount of weight so I'm not sure what happened...
What a cute mini horse!

sometimes they just rip through veins when they shouldn't.. it happens

just try to get some vitamins and electrolytes into him.. sometimes they rebound .. other times they are just too weak and don't make it..

thanks.. lol.. Tequila is pure trouble.. even if he looks adorable. When we had the mustangs and arabians he would try to geld our stallion.. (our stallion was a really nice boy too.. but Tequila loved being the instigator).

Last edited:
Also I think one of my chicks is a definite boy, it has a perfect bullseye...

cool.. I called zoogen a few minutes ago.. they should have my results tomorrow.. but at least I got my account number.. so now I can send in the next sample.

in order to get the discount (from $ 20. down to 18.) you have to send in 10 samples all at once.. I don't have enough chicks for 10 samples.... so I'm just going to send in one at a time so they don't get them mixed up any.

My little one is now 3lbs! He weighed exactly 16oz at hatching time, so that's a pound a week!

When do they stop needing a heat lamp and when can they go outside?

Back
Top Bottom