Anyone use a decoy owl for Racoons and hawks?

Is it illegal in most places to "pop" a raccoon after you relocate it with a hav-a-hart trap? In some cases I might choose to do that and in some cases not....based largely on the raccoon's behavior. But I'd still like to know the law. I live in P.A. by the way.

Decoys: do not work

Best bait: switch it up so they do not catch on...sardines, dog food, marshmallows, shell fish, and anything stinky half the population would say "gross" about

In my opinion trapping and relocating/eliminating them does nothing. My uncle has caught raccoons, skunks, groundhogs and possums several times a week 8 months of the year my entire life (and I am no spring chicken) with no sign of slowing down. When you remove one predator, another will take its territory. Your best bet is to teach the predators whose territory surrounds your property that your chickens are too much effort and it is easier to find food elsewhere.

Deterrents: electric fencing, fox-proof fencing, covered mobile chicken runs, cayenne pepper, paintball guns...

Is it illegal in most places to "pop" a raccoon after you relocate it with a hav-a-hart trap? In some cases I might choose to do that and in some cases not....based largely on the raccoon's behavior. But I'd still like to know the law. I live in P.A. by the way.
@Otterman72 you'd have to check your local hunting/nuisance animal regulations.
IMO, any animal trapped should be killed and disposed of.

Back
Top Bottom