anyone use an old cabinet-style brower?

Saltysteele

Songster
8 Years
Apr 10, 2011
MI
my dad and i are hatching in a brower incubator purchased in 1956 new.

i was hoping someone here was using one of these, or knew where i could find instructions/manual online (or otherwise).

like i said, it's a cabinet style, wooden, four trays. water trays, two vents on the front, four on top. forced air with a fan inside, at the top. waffle thermostat.

curious if the front vents work with the top vents, if they work independently (in other words, do you have to have the front vents open for the top vents to work)? assuming the different sized water trays affect the humidity, do to increased/decreased surface area?

it's got a dry bulb and a wet bulb thermostat. the only opening to the tube the wick is sitting in, is where the wick inserts. otherwise it makes a turn up and is sealed at the top. how much water to put in it?

those are the type of questions i have, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

thanks!

please i wanna see some pics,,,,,....... and if you dont know how to post pics then search in the search bar "how to post pics",,,,, i would love to see it,,,

just found on google that browers sold leahy's under their name,,,,, they didn't for very long though,,,,, so i guess i would just look up on the Leahy incubator

sure. i took one with my phone, but don't have it with me. i will try to remember tomorrow.

it's actually quite nice. looks like an antique chest or something at first sight

OMGOSH!! thank you, so much!! it must be a Leahy!! Here is a pic of one in the thread you posted, and it looks almost identical (other than ours is in much better shape, and is only a four tray model; switches/vents in different spots, etc.).

1660_big_eggs_005_001.jpg

1660_big_eggs_005_002.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom