Anyone use/own a pellet gun (update: got one)

If your looking for a good solid predator rifle . I would get a 5mm hands down. I have one with a suppressor on it. Its a super fast rim fire bullet. I use mine to kill hogs with at night. I wanted something quiet & accurate to kill as many hogs as possible really didn't even care if it killed the hogs. But sure enough first night out I killed 3 that were over a 100 lbs. I'm dead serious check out the ballistics. Super fast & very deadly. This caliber will drive nails. I thought you wanted a pellet gun.

Quote:
so how is the sscope on your webleys? or did you get a new one, like so many others?

I have two Beeman Scopes, made specifically for piston (break action) air rifles. Quality is excellent.

I have a Hammerli X2 22 cal break barrel springer. The 177 took out 1 raccoon. I switched to the 22 barrel and used it on 4 raccoons and 2 opossums. Verrrrrrrry effective on raccoons. Shot is just barely subsonic so it is quiet but still has a lot of stopping power.

No scope. All varmints taken at short range. 3 inside coop.
roll.png

Last edited:
thank you, my friends:

sometimes we can't go for the ideal (if such really exists in this life); but i do hope things will go well with it.

look forward to 'seeing' you again in the forum.

these predator pages have been so informative; and to think i never really looked at them until about two months ago.!

predators or none, they are such a help.

blessings to you again!

Quote:
Be very careful maybe ask your gunsmith but its a little tricky to do it safely. Ive never work on a pullet gun but any trigger work should be approached with caution. Pellet guns are great for small game and pest control.Triggers are best left to a gunsmith. Sure hate for you to have an accident.

Back
Top Bottom