Anyone use this?

Animal family

Songster
Nov 13, 2017
Northern Colorado
has anyone used a heat source like this one, or have any comments or advice about it? I wanted something more fire proof for my 2 duck coop.

Attachments

• DBB84A14-AF74-4C3B-AE1E-452C35488884.jpeg
    DBB84A14-AF74-4C3B-AE1E-452C35488884.jpeg
    380.3 KB · Views: 61
Where are you located? Ducks don't need heat unless you live next door to me in central Alberta Canada where we can get to -34C..
My Friend up North of me has that heat source for her Chickens.

I live in northern Colorado. It gets below freezing, snow etc, a regular winter...however we will have warm days above freezing commonly. I was thinking maybe putting it outside the coop in a protected corner?

I live in northern Colorado. It gets below freezing, snow etc, a regular winter...however we will have warm days above freezing commonly. I was thinking maybe putting it outside the coop in a protected corner?
Well I believe they are for indoor use and a GFI cord should be used also. I have little Call Ducks and I don't do anything for them till the temp drops below-25C they have deep straw and covered Run plus a Dog house. I'm moving them into my Chicken Coop that houses my Rabbit and bunnies as soon as the Bunnies leave. I won't use heat though.

My crazys like to take a bath in cold temps then go in their coop. If I can see my darn breath it's to cold for a splish splash, I'm taking a bath time! But then I live in houston :) I just add a towel or two to their coop floor and take it out in the morning to wash.

It's 20 degrees and mine are in the water. I poked a hole in the pool today breaking ice, so now they have big metal bowls they can stand in and a heated bucket for dunking. I added straw to their house but I didn't take it apart--I left it in squares against the wall. I figure they will rearrange it accordingly.

They have a shelter and the pool in that shelter with straw in the pool and another corner loaded with straw. I went to put them away and they were all laying everywhere but where the straw is.

Back
Top Bottom