Anyone using black soldier flies?

So then after dehydrating, I can grind them up into a meal for storage, right? My goal is making pellets out of BS meal and my other additives.
big_smile.png

Sure you could grind them up but theres really no need to, be lazy and let the chickens do all the work for you.
tongue.png

I guess if you have smaller birds it would be good to chop em up, I cut some into pieces to give to my young quail, since there in a cage cutting them up helps the little birds keep from dropping the whole pieces through the floor while there trying to get ahold of em.

Yea, if I were just feeding them whole I'd do that. I am planning on adding them to a mixture of minerals, spices, herbs, grains and other types of food to make my own pellets/crumbles. This way I can store them in bins instead of mixing small amounts often. This is mostly an experiment, for now. If it works out well enough I might try and market my mix to some local breeders.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Wow! That is a really simple set-up and seems to work well. Are the number of larva climbing out of the tub the usual number? There seem to be so many.

lol most people would have a hard time believing how profitable something like bugs could. I myself have made alot of money off em, Ive made thousands in a single day before selling spiders. I know some of those guys selling crickets online are making millions yearly.

I wanna be making at the least, enough to pay our bills! I hope its possible. So far I am having lots of luck with production--I just need a better set up to churn out millions of bugs each year.

I have a few other buggy ideas I am saving up too. I am adding them to my Ebook. I hope that can sell as well!!

Back
Top Bottom