Anyone waiting on Christopher Paolini's Brisingr

Zookeeper9000

Songster
12 Years
Mar 1, 2008
Gladstone MI
I can't wait till Saturday Sept 20th, when I can buy this book. I am so excited that I am reading Eragon and Eldest over again. I have surgery coming up this coming Monday and I am going to use it as an excuse to read, read, and read LOL.

I just can't believe that this boy wrote Eragon when he was only 15 years old. Then his parents helped him publish it and a bigger book company stumbled on it because one of their workers happened to of bought a copy.

I just find that so inspiring. I was disapointed in the movie as like Harry Potter they just didn't do the story justice.

If you haven't read these books they are worth checking out, the libray carries them. They are fantsy fiction and are well worth the read.

There is even a web site and they even speak the language that this boy made up for the world he created. The web address is www.alagaesia.com
it is well worth the look. Thanks for letting me share.

I'm not, but my SO sure is! He's been frothing at the mouth ever since he heard it will be this month.
roll.png

Thanks for sharing that link. I bookmarked it to share with him when he gets home from work later tonight.
smile.png

Had been driving the booksamillion people buggy until they finally told me when the actual release date was... GREAT books!!! I too was really disappointed in the movie; there was WAY too much left out and the movie felt like it had just been gutted.
sad.png
Can't wait for the book! I'll be chompin' at the bit!

OMG....my 11 y/o has been counting down the days since the release date was announced. He re-read Eragon and Eldest over the Summer to refresh his memory and he is practically squealing now.....he is actually having trouble sleeping at night in anticipation of this!!!
smile.png
It is worse than any holiday!!!!!

Well I have it that bad at least as I will be at Walmart at midnight to buy mine LOL.

I have read those books 3 or 4 times and the info in them is so extensive it is like reading them for the 1st time all over again.

Happy reading ya all I sure am glad that I am not alone on the wait. It is as bad as hatching eggs LOL

I just called our WalMart and asked what time they would be putting it out. WTH....she informed me they would be putting it on the shelves sometime around 8 AM Tuesday.
th.gif
I can't tell my child this! We don't have a local bookstore anymore. He is going to be so upset!!!! How can they actually get by with that???????

Quote:
Well I called mine and they told me it depends on the vendors. But at least our bookstore opens at 10am. Sorry your son will have to wait, that's a tough one.

*waves hands madly through air* I have been impatiently waiting for this book!! er I mean patiently LOLOL
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom