1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone want a breed of something that they can't seem to get?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SunAngel, May 11, 2009.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    You would think with 100 (give or take) chicks/chickens I would have satisfied my chicken addiction, or so my DH thinks!

But ever since I saw pics of chickenzoo's adorable Silky Seramas, its driving me crazy not to have any [​IMG] I really really want at least a pair (or 10) of those little cuties!! Every once in awhile I catch myself silently thinking...I would give up all my other chickens to get some Silky Seramas (ssshhh don't tell my other chickens)...then I feel guilty and have to go cuddle all my current chickies and give them treats lol.

I only have a junky still air LG, that barely hatches 1/3 of the eggs I put in it, no matter what I do and no money to get a Hovabator right now...so I am scared to order eggs and have none hatch. I heard its hard to hatch shipped Serama eggs, which makes me even more scared to order some. I haven't seen anyone around here offer Seramas of any color/type for sale....its depressing!

Anyone else want something they have seen on BYC and can't seem to get their hands on any?? Come pout with me!!!

*wanders off to stare at chickenzoos cute chicken pics...again- feels like a chicken stalker*[​IMG]

2. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

I *thought* I wanted chickens I couldn't get -- then I found a local BYCer with what I wanted: Cochins and D'Uccles, and a big old buff orp rooster. Nothing fancy here, but I'm going to pick them up tonight and man I can not wait. My guilt here is mostly that to get that buff orp I had to get rid of my current rsl cockrel. Luckily I found him a home with a flock of his own, but I have to admit: I would have eaten him if I couldn't have found somewhere else for him to go, just to have that buff orp roo in charge of my egg laying hens.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have no bator and I want silkies so badly!!!!! They just aren't available around here much.

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I already have silkied serama. [​IMG] I yearn for bigger games!

5. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    I want Dorkings. The legs!

6. countrybum

countrybum Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    area pop. 96
    I want Blue Andalusians and every time I get some shipped, they never seem to hatch. Next hatch date for them is the 15th and my fingers are crossed that the 2 or 3 I have out of a dozen hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] It never seems to fail the last day they never make it out. So since I want some of them, I order again. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    For most of last Summer and Fall I was just trying to find pullets, I was a total roo magnet! Now that I have lots of laying hens finally, of course I have a new obsession to drive me bonkers!

8. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    I want Salmon Faverolles, and lemon blue cochins. I always seem to spend my egg money and then the eggs for these are listed, lol.

9. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Ohhh I would love a Lemon Blue Cochin too...and now a Silver Laced Cochin also, both the chicks I recieved died [​IMG]

I have 1 Salmon Faverolle, but my chicks never seem to make it...even the ones I hatch. They must be very delicate.

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Well, i thought I had everything I wanted. Should have known better. I'm dying for a Barnvelder pullet or 2. And an olive egger. I hatched some olive eggers but ended up with only 1 pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by