Anyone want to chat RIGHT NOW?

Bring to the party...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
I don't have anything finished yet. This is the first draft so remember your not meant to be able to read the writing it's just there so that I remember that the chicken is supposed to talk. I'm not trying to make it look realistic I'm trying to have a cartoony art style that I can draw over and over again in a graphic novel. Sorry if I sound too defensive. I lack self confidence.

View attachment 2434318

This page is from an unfinished rough draft of a story I made called feathers. Blackbird (the fluffy hen) and Jordan (the fluffy rooster) are leaving the Pure Feathers (any pure black chicken can join this flock) where they hatched to join the Silk Feathers (any silkie feathered chicken can join this flock) the two chickens in the begining are Blackie (lead rooster of the Pure Feathers) and Puffball (Jordan and Blackbirds silkie feathered mother) the chicken that Jordan and Blackbird see who has just pushed rotten eggs over the side of the side of a hill is Witch. She will become relevant later in the story.
Don't sweat it. I'm definitely not judging- especially since I completely get where you're coming from. Meeting an artist -even the most well established masters- with ready-made self assurance is a blue moon event. XD

Woah, looks pretty cool, bro! You're great with expressions. :0

GUIN WRANGLIN'
He's a sweet boy. Follows me around, keeps me company on the swings.
I should start a little one-creature petting zoo. He's very mellow around people... or at least around me.
Incongruously called "Spook." I thought that he would be skittish, but apparently, imprinting turns a terrifying, featherless biped into lovable, cuddlable, food-bearing mom.

How do you get your guineas to be so friendly!? Mine will follow me around everywhere but won't let me touch him.
He imprinted on me when he hatched (I started worrying and helping him out of the egg, though he was probably fine, and, well...). He was the only chick in the house at that time -- it was early summer, I think -- so he got a lot of love.
I should change his name to "Cling."

That's so cool!
Don't worry about it, I know what you mean about first drafts. They're not supposed to be pretty, just get the ideas onto paper. I love your style, and it sounds like an interesting story!!!
Don't sweat it. I'm definitely not judging- especially since I completely get where you're coming from. Meeting an artist -even the most well established masters- with ready-made self assurance is a blue moon event. XD

Woah, looks pretty cool, bro! You're great with expressions. :0
Thanks! I was thinking about making a thread about the story. I still might.

Back
Top Bottom