Anyone want to chat RIGHT NOW?

Bring to the party...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, looks like I'm gonna lose one of my Buff Brahma cockerels to an unknown cause. Been on Corid for 4 days and just gave him the first Safeguard dose. But none of it seemed to help in the end. And honestly, I didn't get much help on the thread I posted, even had some "new chick mama" attempt to hijack it to ask a question a simple use of the search bar could have answered. Honestly, a bit soured on the whole chicken experience right now. This is the 5th chicken lost to unknown causes in less than year or so, nevermind the various other ailments we were able to successfully treat. It seems sometimes no matter how much time, money, and attention you spend, you'll still have nonstop issues that many folks never see in a decade of having chickens. Well, there is my rant lol.
That's sad. I know how that is, I've been down that road before. Here, maybe I might be able to help? What's his symptoms? Or, do you know?

Maybe I could help, too! I really don't know very much, but I got a big chicken guide book that I could search through.
Appreciate it, but no guide books can list anything and everything you will encounter with poultry. Some things are frustrating BECAUSE you cannot find the root cause, and vet facilities are slow and expensive and may still provide no clues.

Appreciate it, but no guide books can list anything and everything you will encounter with poultry. Some things are frustrating BECAUSE you cannot find the root cause, and vet facilities are slow and expensive and may still provide no clues.
Yeah, the only things that it seemed a little similar to it that I was able to find in the "Health Care" section were some types of worms and coccidiosis. I wish you the best of luck, and that he will pull through.

Back
Top Bottom