Hope this passes...

Baytril is best to give orally, not in the water, since it tastes very bad. Dosage of the 10% Baytril or enrofloxacin is 0.05 ml per pound given twice a day for 5 days. That would be 0.25 ml or 1/4 ml for a 5 pound chicken, 0.4 ml for an 8 pound chicken, or 0.5 ml for a 10 pound chicken.
Ahhh, ok. Now for that, can I get away with dosing one bird or does the whole flock need it?

I would only treat the sick bird. But before you do that, can you get some droppings checked by the vet (for coccidiosis, worms, and a gram stain?) The Corid is safe for all chickens. Antibiotics should not be used without a cause or as a preventative.

I would only treat the sick bird. But before you do that, can you get some droppings checked by the vet (for coccidiosis, worms, and a gram stain?) The Corid is safe for all chickens. Antibiotics should not be used without a cause or as a preventative.
I figured as much, going to do the corid/Safeguard routine first and see if that helps. I can't think of anything else at the moment it could be, though something like Marek's is always in the back of my mind. And I pray it's not that.

Yes! Chicks are much more likely to suffer from coccidiosis than adults.
Perfectly safe for chicks.
But it can still manifest in birds under a year old, correct? Are birds that had it younger more susceptible to it, or do they still develop the same level of immunity as an adult? Being this flock is mostly all roughly 8 months old, would they still be susceptible to coccidiosis?

Back
Top Bottom