Anyone want to get into shape this summer?

WriterofWords where in So. NM are you? I'm in T. or C.
big_smile.png

Missouri chick- Right now health is my motivator.
Both my dad parents died before I was born. Strokes both of them. They were in their late 40s. My dad died at age 57. Complications from a massive stroke.
My cardiologist thinks that my heart attack was caused by a blood clot that "went through" With my family history of strokes I dont doubt it. I was lucky. This time.

I have to tell everyone get a full panel of blood work done.
Know your cholesterol level(bad and good) Know how your thyroid is performing. And have them check your iron levels and clotting as well.

I had a panel run a week after my attack. My levels were all good. Thyroid ok. But they didnt check clotting and iron. My cardiologist has now sent me for another work up including those other things. I am just waiting on the results.

This morning I walked a mile and half in just over 30 minutes then had to run and take the kid to play group. I am going to get another 2 miles in this afternoon. Lunch was left over steak cut up into a fresh salad( not from my own garden yet though)

We had a health fair here at school, my glucose was 37, my cholesterol 38 and 42. I have low blood pressure, avg. 86/56. I feel healthy, I look ok, but I know that isn't good. So I have to figure out how to fix it WITHOUT drugs.

Can I join? I have a lapband though. I was doing really REALLY well with it and lost 50 lbs from Dec. 10th 2007 - March 2, 2008, but then my daughter got sick and I just started giving a rats fart about what I ate... I bounced up and down on 12 pounds for two months!
sad.png
Bad stuff goes in pretty well sometimes!! She's better now and it's time for me to get serious again. I've only lost another 7 pounds since March 2...so I could really use a boost (mentally!) and some good tips to go on with getting motivated to actually exercise!!

So can I join too?

Stacy

Just remember, all it takes to start an exercise session is one foot ahead of the other. After that, you can't help but just keep going.

I absolutely hate mornings, but that's the only practical time for me to exercise. Getting out of bed is SO HARDDDDDDD. But once I start exercising, the only thing that stops me is the clock telling me to stop and get my butt to my office jobs.

Also, I've been exercising a minimum of 4 times a week for the past 8 months. Lost about 8 pounds, but my shape has changed a lot, for the better! Make strength and excellent posture your aim, and you will look 10 lbs lighter automatically.

PS: Practicing good posture hurts for about a week, then your upper back and schoulder muscles get used to it and get stronger, and there you are, looking red carpet ready. Try it.

Quote:
I have to agree about the posture thing. I've always had good posture and people will always peg me as lighter than I actually am by a good 10-15 pounds. But I know the truth, so I need to work on that lol

Also I have to agree about sparkpeople.com it's a great community, free calorie counter and excersize tracker, plus motivational message boards and whatnot.

Hey Ya'll!!!!!!!!! Just getting in, hubby is out of town working, so after I got off work I had animal chores to do. sounds like everyone had a good day. Ok, so,,,,,,,ummmm,, I set my alarm a little early this morning thinking I would take a 15 minute walk. Last night I went into my non-sleep mode and it was close to 1 am before I went to sleep. Had to get up at 6. Walk did not happen, BUT, eating less and more healthy was much more easy today. I feel positive. I'll do better tomorrow for sure.

See,,, I really do need this to keep motivated. Now I have no choice but to check in every day.
rant.gif

I want to join in the fun! However my guide for how i'm doing will not be the scale, I have a tendency to obsess over those numbers. So i'll post inches lost instead. This sounds like just the motivation I need.

Amy

Back
Top Bottom