Anyone want to guess on my Bantam Mystery Chicks?

UnttouchableRose

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Blountville, TN
Mom and I went to the local feed store today and picked out 10 Bantam chicks. I love Bantams but didn't want to order any after the last batch, so we tried it this way and it's cheaper actually they are from the Bantam Special and Ideal. Most are cochin's black white or some variation of the two I am assuming and one that is a partridge maybe?? And I forgot to take one of thems pics! Drats! I'll have to find him again. He's one I am totally stumped on.

I have figured most of them out to a point but have three that have me stumped. The light was funny and I couldn't get the best pics. I think the sunlight was messing with me. Anyway here they are any suggestions?

This one I got just because it's so unique. I think I figured it out but I can't find what I thought it was. I'll have to go back and search again.
IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

Chick #2
IMG_1102.jpg

Chick #3

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

Chick #4
IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

Chick #5
IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

Chick #6 if I did this right should be a Gold Sebrite (trying to remember without seeing pics)
IMG_1110.jpg

Chick #7
IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

Chick #8
IMG_1113.jpg

Okay I pout... It's def a Silkie... That's okay too I didn't have a white silkie!
smile.png

IMG_1114.jpg

Last edited:
I have no idea what these are as I am a newbie buuut I have to say that these are ADORABLE!! Must.....not...go back ....to feed store.... where I saw .....bantys .....for sale today........

My fav is black #3. They all have hilarious faces, they look like cartoons.

UnttouchableRose :

This is a Sultan I got that one no prob!
<image>

I sure that is a silkie. The other feather footed look like d'Uccles, but i am not at all sure.​

your "sultan" is def a silkie, see the black feet. I think you are right about the other feather footed ones being cochins

Alright, if I can get dial up to answer before everyone beats me to it... *ha*

#3 and #7 Barred Cochin
#5 Silver Laced Cochin
#8 Birchen Cochin
Last one's a Silkie, black feet and should have 5 toes!

If they came from Ideal through a feed store, the rest are probably Old English. There's alot of those in their variety shipments. I bet you're right about #6. If you really want to find out what they are, bring up Ideal's bantam pages and search Feathersite's chicks page for those breeds.

I love identifying chicks.
big_smile.png

Chick #1 & 2 look like lemon blue or maybe blue gingers or blue quail or blue mille fleur OEGBs(some sort of blue variety)
Chick #3 I would say is a black cochin
Chick #4 looks like a Self blue Old english game bantam to me
Chick #5 Mille fleur D'uccle
Chick #6 does seem to be Golden Sebright(look at them nice slate legs), although I have never seen one with a white pip before
Chick #7 & 8 look like Cochins to me
The last one looks like a White Silkie, since sultans have white skin and not black.

Anna

See now I missed the Black not being on Sultans. This guy obviously has a beard and looks very much like my Sultan's from last year (I looked back at pics of them) but dang they don't ahve black feet! Now I am bummed...

I went WANTING D'Uccles but really didn't see any that looked like them in real life but I would like to hope that a few of them are. We have a Blue Mille Fleur D' Uccle and she is probably the overal favorite out of our 150...

Thanks everyone for the help! With this variety of answers I can't wait to see what they really are!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom