Anyone want to help identify my peafowl...

jodi_odo

Hatching
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
#1 (this is the one I really am not sure, looks like a Black Shoulder or a Buff Spaulding?)

#2 Cameo hen

#3 Indian Blue Pied cock

#4 Black Shoulder cock

#5 Black shoulder hen

I am new to peafowl, and I have done a lot of looking at pictures to decide what colors I have, but would like to check if I am correct or not...any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

For me it looks like you nailed them. Picture 1 is BS possible male but the picture is blurry. The BS in #4 looks older then the chick in #1. My BS male looked exactly like the coloring in #1 and he is getting more darker as he gets older. The last pictures kinda looks like my purple BS hen but I cannot tell in your pictures if the patch behind the head has blue or green shine to it. If it is brown with no green/blue shine then she could be purple.

Did you hatch them yourself or buy the chicks?

I bought chicks, and they are all the same age...The guy I bought them from said they can be splits to several other things, now I know NOTHING about how that works...I enjoy them very much, they are fun, curious birds! I also have a pair of Purples, they are a year older than these guys...

Last edited:
I bought chicks, and they are all the same age...The guy I bought them from said they can be splits to several other things, now I know NOTHING about how that works...I enjoy them very much, they are fun, curious birds! I also have a pair of Purples, they are a year older than these guys...
You are so luck to have so many different colors!

Casportpony,
Do you have a pic of your purple pair?
I wanna see also
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom