Anyone want to vote on a shade of blue for the new duck pens?

What shade of blue do you like best?

• Total voters

HollowOfWisps

Previously AstroDuck
Aug 28, 2020
Iowa
We are enclosing/converting a lean-to off of the barn and building new duck pens inside. Before we get too far we are re-painting the walls, ceilings and pens with a sprayer. The walls and ceiling will be a soft slightly warm white to keep it bright and for the pens I picked out several shades of blue, but I am beyond indecisive and can't choose a blue. If you would like to vote on a color for the new duck pens that would be awesome!

A picture of the layout to give you an idea:
PXL_20220629_163716288.jpg

Blue color smallest painted a door:
PXL_20220625_011935594~2.jpg

Update: Well since the poll results were about as everywhere as my brain I went back to ACE and found a blue somewhere in-between. I ended up choosing "Bachelor Blue" by Benjamin Moore which I think is a good middle of the road option between the lighter and dark blues I had sampled before. The Light Reflective Value for "Bachelor Blue" is 22.40% so it is a little lighter than the "Philipsburg Blue" Sample, but darker than "Smoke".

Here is "Bachelor Blue" on the door. We had quite a few things come up over the summer that delayed our project, but over October/November we will be completely finishing up the project. I'll post finished pictures then.
PXL_20221002_212309635.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002-170436.png
    Screenshot_20221002-170436.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20221002_215038652~2.jpg
    PXL_20221002_215038652~2.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 2
Update: Well since the poll results were about as everywhere as my brain I went back to ACE and found a blue somewhere in-between. I ended up choosing "Bachelor Blue" by Benjamin Moore which I think is a good middle of the road option between the lighter and dark blues I had sampled before. The Light Reflective Value for "Bachelor Blue" is 22.40% so it is a little lighter than the "Philipsburg Blue" Sample, but darker than "Smoke".

Here is "Bachelor Blue" on the door. We had quite a few things come up over the summer that delayed our project, but over October/November we will be completely finishing up the project. I'll post finished pictures then.
View attachment 3278673
Nice choice 😊

We are enclosing/converting a lean-to off of the barn and building new duck pens inside. Before we get too far we are re-painting the walls, ceilings and pens with a sprayer. The walls and ceiling will be a soft slightly warm white to keep it bright and for the pens I picked out several shades of blue, but I am beyond indecisive and can't choose a blue. If you would like to vote on a color for the new duck pens that would be awesome!

A picture of the layout to give you an idea:
View attachment 3167953

Blue color smallest painted a door:
View attachment 3167956
Number 5 would be my choice.

Back
Top Bottom