anyone weigh their eggs? question on weight loss %

junior67

Free Ranging
Jan 29, 2021
MA
since I have shipped eggs so aire cells are not always perfect I find it easier, plus I can never tell what is the "right size" when looking at them. so I just weigh them to tell. Well I am day 12 and they have mostly lost 9-11% does that sound about right or do I need to adjust the humidity? It is hard to get exact since they are shipped so I weigh them the day I get them and that is the starting weight.

since I have shipped eggs so aire cells are not always perfect I find it easier, plus I can never tell what is the "right size" when looking at them. so I just weigh them to tell. Well I am day 12 and they have mostly lost 9-11% does that sound about right or do I need to adjust the humidity? It is hard to get exact since they are shipped so I weigh them the day I get them and that is the starting weight.
I tried weighing my eggs at the start, at one week and at two weeks when I hatched duckling last year. I tried adjusting the humidity to make them end at the right weight. I felt that it didn't really help and that all the handling and changing environment ended up giving me a worse off hatch. Now I just set the incubator at the recommended humidity and leave it. I don't find that I have any worse results that way, and at least it's a lot less stressful.

Back
Top Bottom