Anyone who has built a whiz bang...?

peteyfoozer

Songster
12 Years
Jul 5, 2011
SE Oregon
Is there any tips on how to pull the fingers through? My hands are not strong enough even with pliers and it is daunting to see all these empty holes. I would really like to be able to do SOME of this without having to depend on my DH to do everything for me.
How did YOU do it?
TIA

I used a pair of channel locks and they went right in. You really have to man handle the fingers, don't worry you won't break them. You might need to make your holes bigger also. 3/4" is too small and 7/8" is too big, i used a step bit and drilled until I found a happy medium. Hope this helps. Couple shots of Jackie D always helps me feel stronger!

I googled 'whiz bang' just in case I have built or know of it by a different/local name but nothing came up that was useful- what is it please?
It's a chicken plucker...the Whiz Bang chicken plucker. There are other kinds too, but this is what I got.
Thanks, guppy, I will give the channel locks a try.

I dipped the ridged end in vegetable oil and that really helped. It doesn't take much and it's not as messy as dish soap. You can also used a small piece of 2 X lumber for leverage and it makes it SO much easier. Remember to start in the center!

Back
Top Bottom