Anyone who loves to Crochet?

Pics
My mom is in charge of her Women's Club's project of crocheting blankets for donations to veterans in wheel chairs and needy children. I didn't learn to crochet until the pandemic hit Los Angeles hard and I moved in to make sure she was okay during that time, so I've been crocheting for a couple years now.

In the spare bedroom, she has boxes of donated yarn, but also many large bags with balls of the leftovers that the ladies didn't use. Some of these balls were reasonably large, but most were golfball to baseball sized - scores upon scores of them. I figured I'd learn to crochet by using all these scraps nobody else wanted.

I learned from YouTube, from Mikey of the Crochet Crowd, because my mom holds her hook so weird I couldn't do it her way. I can now follow a pattern reasonably well, but prefer following a video.

Here's one of the first scrap blankets I made after practicing the basics. I think it came out pretty decent!

IMG_0163.JPG

My mom is in charge of her Women's Club's project of crocheting blankets for donations to veterans in wheel chairs and needy children. I didn't learn to crochet until the pandemic hit Los Angeles hard and I moved in to make sure she was okay during that time, so I've been crocheting for a couple years now.

In the spare bedroom, she has boxes of donated yarn, but also many large bags with balls of the leftovers that the ladies didn't use. Some of these balls were reasonably large, but most were golfball to baseball sized - scores upon scores of them. I figured I'd learn to crochet by using all these scraps nobody else wanted.

I learned from YouTube, from Mikey of the Crochet Crowd, because my mom holds her hook so weird I couldn't do it her way. I can now follow a pattern reasonably well, but prefer following a video.

Here's one of the first scrap blankets I made after practicing the basics. I think it came out pretty decent!

View attachment 3155959
Wow, that's beautiful! :love

View attachment 3155959
It's lovely! Good work! 👍

Back
Top Bottom