Anyone who loves to Crochet?

I have been crocheting since I was 11 years old. I learned bits from my mom and grandmother and figured the rest out as I went. So that means I've been doing this for forty years. I've done many different projects, but tend to do a lot, and then completely lose interest for months at a time. Here's some of my more recent projects:

Attachments

• 0712141208.jpg
    0712141208.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 5948.jpeg
    5948.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 5848.jpeg
    5848.jpeg
    449.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 0210171114.jpg
    0210171114.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 8
I have been crocheting since I was 11 years old. I learned bits from my mom and grandmother and figured the rest out as I went. So that means I've been doing this for forty years. I've done many different projects, but tend to do a lot, and then completely lose interest for months at a time. Here's some of my more recent projects:
40 years! That’s a lot of time to perfect a talent. And what a cozy looking little octopus. Do you happen to sell your finished creations?

40 years! That’s a lot of time to perfect a talent. And what a cozy looking little octopus. Do you happen to sell your finished creations?

I've sold some of my drawings, but my crochet projects are usually given as gifts. The octopus was done without a pattern and ended up about 5 feet long. He went to my oldest daughter.

Oh, my gosh!! I. LOVE. THIS. How many strands did you use in each space for the hedgie's spikes?
Just one strand in each space but you make a loop then pull the ends through, so you get two spikes from one strand.
It takes approximately 500 strands.
I got the pattern from etsy.
I very rarely buy patterns but i just couldn't resist this one.

My friend has been recently teaching me to crochet but I have never used a pattern or anything and I have no idea what everything is called but I would love to learn
All I can make is a simple circle, square, or rectangle and it’s all the same kind of stitch
My friend doesn’t know lots about crocheting.

My friend has been recently teaching me to crochet but I have never used a pattern or anything and I have no idea what everything is called but I would love to learn
All I can make is a simple circle, square, or rectangle and it’s all the same kind of stitch
My friend doesn’t know lots about crocheting.

If you pick up a simple beginners book I find the pictures so very helpful even when I just take a long break from crocheting. That way when you start using patterns you can refer to it if you're unsure what something means. I also found that making things like bath poufs were very forgiving if they weren't perfect but also are great practice!

Back
Top Bottom