Anyone with a red cochin please help..

Texas Fluffy Feet

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Arlington, TX
This little girl is supposed to be a standard red cochin. She is now 9 days old and I have thought from the get go that she isn't looking very red. She came from Ideal and I looked at their site and can't match her to anything there! She has a black stripe coming in on her wings along with what looks pretty much like my buff's coloring with maybe a tinge more peach to it. Her overall fuzz color is almost the same as the buff's except her little head is yellow. Does anyone know for sure what she is?

100_2397.jpg

Here's a closeup of her wing
100_2398.jpg

Here she is outside yesterday standing next to the buff
100_2378.jpg

Wow, thanks for the fast reply! I really hope she does end up red. Before I ever picked a breed of chicken I knew I wanted a little red hen more than anything else and darn it she's supposed to be it!
smile.png

mmmmmm.......I don't know...........I got my reds from Ideal (now 4 weeks) and they don't look anything like that at all.

Here is the red boy (one of 3 reds I got... they all look like him)!

IMG_1019.jpg

Hmmm.... well phoey! I guess I will just have to wait and see. Maybe in a couple more weeks someone can tell me something for sure. Thanks for the reply arwmommy.

They are all pretty! I got a golden laced too and she is so pretty. I got 5 from Ideal. I love the little "nest" they made for them inside the box they shipped in. I don't know how other hatcheries do it, but I think their nice cushy staw floor and walls was a nice touch. I like how they stamp the name of the person who shipped them too. Tara sent mine. I wish I could send her a thankyou note for doing such a nice job!
smile.png

Enjoy your pretty little ladies, they sure do grow fast!

Back
Top Bottom