Anyone with Ayam Cemanis?

I have a breeding pair of Ayam Cemanis. They are young and the hen just laid her first egg on Thanksgiving Day. Today is exactly 1 week after and so far I have received an egg every single day. I would say they lay well. Not sure if they lay a clutch then stop as this is her first week of laying so I will give an update the first day that I don't receive an egg.

I have a breeding pair of Ayam Cemanis. They are young and the hen just laid her first egg on Thanksgiving Day. Today is exactly 1 week after and so far I have received an egg every single day. I would say they lay well. Not sure if they lay a clutch then stop as this is her first week of laying so I will give an update the first day that I don't receive an egg.
Hi Thanks! That's so cool! I hope mine has as much luck laying as yours!

I have a hen and she didn't lay much, I did hatch out 3 mix AC/BCM 2 boys and a girl and now the girl is broody.
ayaa.PNG

this is the mom.

this is the daughter...
handa.PNG

Mine, like to go broody, even the one that is only 1/2. I have some young roosters to breed with them, I just hope I can gather some fertile eggs before they brood, and don't lay any more.

I have a total of 7 AC hens & a cockerel. All are a little over a year old & all have been laying every other day for a month.
I got an ayam Cemani from a local farmer a few months back and I have been searching for more information on ayam cemanis now more than ever! Would you mind answering a couple questions I have? Like, “when does the cockerel start crowing usually?” Mine is 6 months, full sized, gets “randy” with the ladies and sometimes fights my other rooster, but it doesn’t crow at all.

Back
Top Bottom