1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone with bantam ducks (calls, wood, etc)want a free diaper harness?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nettie, Nov 8, 2009.

1. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Hi everyone,

In my pursuits of starting my ducky diaper website store, i need some help from my fellow duck owning friends here at byc. I've only made diapers for my own two ducks, two of my old roommates ducks (runners), and two other ducks who haven't had a need to wear a diaper yet. So my experience in getting the fits just right, i am limited to tall thin ducks. I have made patterns that i believe will fit ducks of other sizes, but i'd like someone from byc to help me out...

Here's what i am proposing- If someone from byc has small ducks, including calls, wood ducks, and mandarins (even better if you have both genders and other bantam breeds like BEIs or spotteds or mini appleyards), and would like one-two free diaper harnesses, i will send them to you if you can do a couple things for me...
    -try the harness on each type of duck you have
    -make note of the fit, if it's too big on some parts too small on others... etc...
    -take a photo of each type of duck in the harness so i can see how it fits
    -allow me to use the photo on my website

If the fit isn't right, i'll pay for return shipping and fix it and send it back for future use.
    I have two harnesses to give away, an XXS for wood ducks, mandarins, teals, etc.... And a XS for bantam ducks, calls, BEIs, Spotteds, Mallards, etc. (or maybe even some bantam chickens or quail). they are both purple (if the color matters to you, lol)

If you have all of these breeds, and are willing, I can send both harnesses....
    If not, I'd like two people, one with woodies and mandies, and the other with assorted bantams to send harnesses to.

The harnesses are adjustable to fit multiple birds of the same stature/breed. They are useful for outdoor ducks as well an indoor ducks. Not only does it allow one to bring a duck inside, but it also makes traveling in cars easier, and it helps keep down the mess when a bird gets injured and needs to be sequestered inside for recovery. They are also useful when needing to bring a duck to the vet.

Of course i will send instructions on how to use the harness and will provide some diaper pieces to use in the harness.

Anyone who's interested, go ahead and post the following info- (or questions)
    What breeds of ducks you own, how many of each, and if you have males/females/both... (and if you have any other fowl about the size of the small ducks)
    What state you are in (I prefer people in the us, as it makes for easier transactions)

We'll see who's interested and pick a good candidate for our little experiment. For the website, I want to be able to have harnesses available all the time and have some ready made... It allows me to make them when i have time, rather than getting a bunch of orders when life is hectic. Even though the harnesses are adjustable, the range in differences in ducks is so vast that the harnesses have to change patterns for different sized/shaped ducks. Knowing how the harness fits, also helps me figure out other future duck items that need to be sized.

In the not so distant future, i will probably be doing this with bigger ducks/geese, so even if you don't have any bantams, keep an eye out...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I'm in Washington, Nettie. I have east indies and silkies of both sexes.

Oh yeah, I'm interested!

3. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I have everything you are looking for, just not sure the wild ones will even let me put it on them...let alone stand still for a pic...but i'm interested!

4. bird

bird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Oregon
    I am in Oregon. I have australian spotted and silky bantam ducks.[​IMG]

5. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    i'll leave this up for another day or so before deciding, to give others a chance to chime in!

6. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I would be interested! I have Mallards in several colors, Australian Spotteds, Miniature Appleyards, and Miniature Overbergs.

7. nettie

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    okay, city chicker, the mini overbergs convinced me! they are soooo pretty! I've sent you some info via pm about the harness....

And 1lpoock, i've pmed you too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by