Anyone with hatch date Oct 15-25?!? Check out this thread!

Update: My chick that was struggling with his legs is doing better. He doesn't lay flat on his back now. I have kept him in an egg carton and I think it is helping. I tried to put him in with the other chicks but he is still pretty wobbly and it seems to draw their attention and they peck him. So, for now he is back in the bator until the morning. I will try to reintroduce him to his hatch mates again tomorrow.

Quote:
Thanks, it was tricky trying to get clear pics through the bator but I I got a couple!
This guys dad is Blue Orpington and the mom is a California White (white with black specks) so I thought it would end up being white or black.... fun guessing game. My husband thinks it will still feaher out to a white.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106215_sam_1157.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106215_sam_1166.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/106215_sam_1153.jpg

It will be interesting to see how he feathers out. Good looking chick!
big_smile.png

HE?????!!!!!! uh-oh
duc.gif
ep.gif
I hope its a Pullet
fl.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Well this was the only one that servived after a nest fell with 6 other eggs under my broody hen, so I put it in the bator. But I have 6 more under my broody hen that are due 23rd - 25th. And I just recieved my first mail order eggs from Bargin that I am setting tonight.
But for now, this little guy is a loner until the other come next week - im hoping to be able to put it under the hen once the others hatch. So Technically I have 100% hatch on 1 for 1
gig.gif
ya.gif

What kind of eggs did you order?

That baby chick is awfully pretty. Wouldn't it be great if it stayed that color. Good luck on the rest of the chicks to come.

We have 4 eggs pipped as of today. A little movement in a few eggs throughout today.

We finished bathing 17 of our daughter's chickens for the State Fair around 9:30 PM tonight. We must be getting good since we finished before midnight this time.

Now I have to clean up the mess and get the brooder boxes in the place where the water tubs were for the baths. It is warmer in that room than the house even though it does not have any heat just a upright deep freeze in the room.

I ordered Blue, Black and Splash Orpingtons
smile.png
droolin.gif
I have a Blue Rooster from good show lines and am pretty excited to breed. Hoping for a splash roo
fl.gif

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how he feathers out. Good looking chick!
big_smile.png

HE?????!!!!!! uh-oh
duc.gif
ep.gif
I hope its a Pullet
fl.gif
gig.gif

I refer to all of them as he. Not sure why. I hope he is a she.
big_smile.png

Quote:
HE?????!!!!!! uh-oh
duc.gif
ep.gif
I hope its a Pullet
fl.gif
gig.gif

I refer to all of them as he. Not sure why. I hope he is a she.
big_smile.png

wink.png
Its alright,I have caught myself doing the same. These guys are just to add to my barnyard laying flock so I really dont want any roos from these guys. I already have the Blue orpington - my fav little man of all time and hoping for a splash and black roo from my new order
fl.gif
So far I luv the orpingtons, but im trying to refrain from buying some silkies ive seen being bid on
love.gif
And I do want a chicken that lays those really dark rust color eggs.
I have a mix in the barn of mostly EE (I was told Americauna's but more I have read I think they really are EE's) and Orpingtons, with a couple CA whites, couple Jersey Giants, 2 white silkies, 1 frizzle, on cochin.
Under my Broody I have 2 EE eggs and 4 buff orpington eggs with My Blue Orpington as the dad.

Quote:
Good to hear about the chick
I was wondering myself how long it was going to take the little chicky to become a little more coordinated. But soo cute to watch it try and run to me uncoordinated
pop.gif
gig.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom