Anyone with some knowledge of cats?

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
We have this stray that we've been feeding for about a month now. These are two pictures I took just now of him. As far as I know he was fine yesterday morning and I think last night(not sure on that, couldnt really see him well.) But I guess sometime today he either got into something or was in a fight? Has anyone seen anything like this before? I dont know if its just me or what, but his meow sounds.. deeper or something. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not. His face looks pretty bad, and one eye is watering. Not puss or anything just clear.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31294005&id=1390314532

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31294002&id=1390314532&fbid=1490715513098

i can't see the pics i'm not on face book

and yes this is the right section, can you up load the pics here??

Last edited:
Yeah. Can you post the pics on here?

Sometimes they can get abcesses that come up pretty quick after a fight. Cat like to get abcesses almost as much as they like to barf on your stuff.

I have it set to where anyone can view my pictures, but here they are:

7792_cat.jpg

7792_cat2.jpg

Oh, yeah. He has been cat fighting. His nose looks a little swollen. Do you have any antibiotics? I'll let someone that knows what kind at what dosage to give him to fill you in on that. He looks like he has ear mites too. You can massage a few drops of baby oil into his ears for those. Then wipe out with cotton. Then repeat.

Yep. Tom Cat fight. Poor fella. Wonder what the other guy looks like? Our old Tom cat, AJ, would go out and get into it and come home just torn all too pieces. Our Boxer would lick his head and ears because he couldn't reach them very well and he would MEOW and MEOW about it, but he let him do it, because he knew it helped. The ear mites are easy to fix, three drops of vegetable or olive oil or baby oil, rub it in, and then do it again in three days and three days after that. That is what a vet told me to do, only that was with $$ drops that burned AJ and I found the oil was easier on all of us.

Quote:
Thanks. See we already have two outside cats and for the longest time they would fight and I had to shoo him away. But then they stopped and have sorta been hanging out. As long as they keep a little bit of distance. But this doesnt look like anything Ive seen on him before. Thats why DH and I were thinking maybe he got into something. Im not sure if he would let me mess with his ears. We just started being able to pet him. For the longest time he wouldnt come near us. We were putting food out so we could eventually catch him and be able to get him fixed.

Okay I just went and looked at his ears, well best he would let me. I couldnt see all the way down, but what I could looked nice and clean. Maybe it was just the lighting that makes it look dark in his ears..?

Back
Top Bottom