Anything going on in Southern Indiana?

Its an Amish Auction barn up in Cannelburg - just east of Washington, IN amd just west of Loogootee off Highway 150. They have everything you can imagine and then some. Animals, furniture, junk, building supplies, food, antiques, you name it. It's there. They have a rabbit and poultry room, which is where I spend my time, and last week I got a pair of mille fleur D'Uccle for $9.00! The hen is absolutely georgous!! I see you are by Louisville. I'm in Evansville and its about an hour and a half for me.

Last edited:
I live in Washington and go to Dinky's occassionally. I've never bought any birds there though. Last time I went, they had absolutely gorgeous peacocks and cheap!

Alot of stuff goes cheap. And yes, there are sick and/or old animals that go through there so you need to watch what you buy. But, there are also alot of good deals there. I plan on going on the 1st to get my daughter a rabbit. She's almost 3 and wants a baby bunny. They sometimes go for around 2 dollars. There are I guess killer buyers at the auctions too. Not that I have anything against that since I butcher my own birds too. They arent hard to spot. They bid on mostly adult birds and "weigh" them before they bid. They usually only pay up to 2.75 or 3 dollars each of thier birds. Its unbelievable the number of birds these people take out of there. I got guineas in August for $4.50 each and 3 weeks ago, I got some kind of bantam chicks that nobody would bid on for 25 cents each and they are all doing fine. I have only lost 1 bird I brought home from the Auction so I don't think that's too bad. And he was a young bantam rooster. I'ts usually good to see what is there and kind of watch it before it goes up for bidding. I turned down a beatiful white bearded silkie because the other silie in the cage did not look good. Needless to say, I'm addicted!

Last edited:
I've heard of these Amish auctions but I have never been to one. I probably would if I ever knew when & where. Is there a usual date & time that they have auctions or do they have a store?

Quote:
Where at in S.E Indiana? I am in S.E Ind near the Ind/Oh border....Sunman/Batesville to be exact.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom