Anything To Encourage Them To Lay faster?

Adora

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Southeast NC
My girls (bsl and gsl) are 20 weeks, and I'm just so anxious to get my first egg from them. Is there anything I can do to encourage them to lay faster, certain feed, anything, or is it just a waiting game that they seem to be really good at?

you can put golf balls in the nest to let them know where to lay, control the temp, insure they get light,also feeding layer crumbles can help, but it is mostly a waiting game.

Quote:
Ahhh, thats the million dollar quaestion! If there was something out there like that, it would sell like mad! I think we have all been in your shoes at one time, the waiting can seem like torture! It still drives me crazy, two years later!

All I can suggest is to feed layer pellets or crumble, keep the calcium up with free feed oyster shell, and provide adequate nesting sites. You could try cayenne pepper in the feed, but thats an old wives tale, I dont know if it works for sure. Just when you think they are the worlds first non-laying hens, you will get your first egg. Then you start to go nuts waiting for that 2nd and 3rd egg, ha ha ha! It never ends!!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom