Anyway to keep birds away from house

fleamarketfred

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Wife hates to see poop near the house afraid someone will track it in the house. Have crawing babys. Getting fussed at alot:confused:

Wife hates to see poop near the house afraid someone will track it in the house. Have crawing babys. Getting fussed at alot:confused:
Are the birds in question your chickens, ducks, etc or are you referring to wild birds?
I would assume the former, but your question doesn't really specify. You will need to put a barrier (ie fence) between the flock and any area yuo want off limits.

Quote:
Are the birds in question your chickens, ducks, etc or are you referring to wild birds?
I would assume the former, but your question doesn't really specify. You will need to put a barrier (ie fence) between the flock and any area yuo want off limits.

Yep, this, if you are referring to chickens. You need a physical barrier, and you either need to clip wings or have it high enough that they cannot fly over it.

They are chickens. I have 12 that free range around. I thought that maybe chilly pepper powder might keep them back or some thing like that

Without a barrier, you can't. What I do is keep a pair of boots on the back porch (larger than my size) and anyone who wants to walk around and not watch where they step should wear the boots. They are large enough to slip on/off w/o touching them, then you step over to the door and slip on your regular shoes. I have a barrier so they can't get into the carport by the front door, so that area stays clean. When the weather is hot/humid, we do an extra step and keep a washpan w/ disinfectant on the porch, then you step in and only the bottom of your shoe gets wet, wipe them on the mat and in you go. With floor-babies, or kids who are on their hands and feet playing with legos, you have to stop any dirt/fecal matter/etc from making it thru the door.

Back
Top Bottom