Apa Book Or the Aba book?

CoopedChik

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Louisville Kentucky
I have been showing my birds for a couple of years and I'm ready to start getting more competitive with my Millie Fleur D'uccles. should I get the American Poultry Association book or the American Bantam Association book? I ask because I'm curious if the Apa book includes bantams. If it does then I would definitely want that because I do show and care for more than just bantams.

Yes, the APA has the standards for all recognized breeds and varieties. This includes largefowl and bantams, ducks, geese, guineas, turkeys, etc. The ABA has all recognised bantam breeds and varieties: this includes bantam chickens and bantam ducks. Note that APA and ABA recognition is not necessarily identical. For example, American Serama are ABA recognised, but not APA recognised. I am pretty sure that ABA recognises some varieties for certain breeds that APA does not recognize, and possibly vice versa.

If you can afford it, get both; if not, try to find a copy of each to look at and then make the decision that best suits your needs.

Back
Top Bottom