Apparently I'm clinging to my youth.

Pics
Same here @drumstick diva. I've gotten as many negative comments about my short hair as I have positive. Thing is, I love my spiked pixie cut and am not about to change it just because some idiot cannot keep their opinions to themselves. My husband game me instructions to never grow my hair out and I assured him that while every now and again, I miss my long hair, I wake up in the morning and the thought has passed and I'm back to loving my hair.

My biggest oops is that I'm small, 5'2" and weigh about 130, sometimes less and love to run around in baseball caps to keep the sun out of my eyes. I cannot tell you how many places I have been, dressed in jeans and bright colored T-shirt and had somebody call me sir. I mean common, I wear make up and have pierced ears (5 piercings to be exact) wear jewelry made for a woman. The last time that happened, I spun around and made a sweeping motion over my well endowed bust and said, sorry, it's Ma'am! I love to see the people's expressions at that point and even funnier to hear their mumbled apologies and see them beat a hasty retreat.

Also funny about the lesbian comment. I heard that also and countered with gee, I have a friend that is gay and her hair is down to her waist! Shall I inform her that she isn't gay because she has long hair and everybody knows that only gay's have short hair?

There are idiots everywhere. I just happen to draw them like I have a big bulls eye painted on my back, LOL.
:highfive::goodpost:

I had long, thin hair during most of my life. But, when I was pregnant at 37 realized I would be busy enough with the baby, without having to shampoo often and brush hair out. So I cut it to chin length. Eventually went back to long hair.

My mother got cancer, and was so upset about losing her hair, I shaved mine off as a show of solidarity. Funny thing was I got to love it. I've been wearing it very short ever since. I get alot of negative remarks. My sister said people would think I was a lesbian.
I said "Gee is short hair all that it takes?" Funny too because my sister(older) wears her hair very short but, she pays a fortune to have it cut every 8 weeks.

I don't pay a dime, I have clipper and when I can't stand it anymore, I cut it very short again. I think I walk faster not having a wind shear effect, and it also makes my eyes really pop and look bigger.

People think I need their opinions. The senior bus -driver said she hated it. I told her I didn't care for her bushy bed head look. One of my doctor's said "Well you won't do that again. I said "Yes I will I love it."

This was a gradual change in personality for me. I used to be very upset when people dished out negative comments about me, my size(tiny), my clothes -women used to say "does your mother know you are wearing that." I finally turned around and said "I have been dressing myself since I was a little girl and will continue to do so."

I am 70.9 now and wholly enjoy being a crusty old biddy. - I just don't suffer fools.Oh by the way my hair eventually got 95% gray but, its a beautiful silver(no yellow leakage) and I love it. When I have lazy spells I let my hair grow out to almost long, before I feel the need to go very short again.

One thing I have to mention tho, when I first cut my hair, I accidentally oopsed and had it shaved to the skin on one side. I really freaked out, thinking there was no way I could cover that up. So I just shaved off the other sides as well.

I scared the daylight out of some friends and neighbors who assumed my bald head was due to serious health concerns.I was quick to say it was just a very bad haircut.
Also didn't want people to think I was trying to get attention and milking it for all it was worth.

Never shave it so close since then. In fact I leave it 3/4" or 1 full inch at shortest. I do notice I am getting a receding hair line in front and top of the sides. So maybe I will end up with bald head anyway.
You are truly an admiral lady,to do what you did for your Mama , took you on an incredible journey,you're a blessing,thank you for sharing:hugs:frow:love

Same here @drumstick diva. I've gotten as many negative comments about my short hair as I have positive. Thing is, I love my spiked pixie cut and am not about to change it just because some idiot cannot keep their opinions to themselves. My husband game me instructions to never grow my hair out and I assured him that while every now and again, I miss my long hair, I wake up in the morning and the thought has passed and I'm back to loving my hair.

My biggest oops is that I'm small, 5'2" and weigh about 130, sometimes less and love to run around in baseball caps to keep the sun out of my eyes. I cannot tell you how many places I have been, dressed in jeans and bright colored T-shirt and had somebody call me sir. I mean common, I wear make up and have pierced ears (5 piercings to be exact) wear jewelry made for a woman. The last time that happened, I spun around and made a sweeping motion over my well endowed bust and said, sorry, it's Ma'am! I love to see the people's expressions at that point and even funnier to hear their mumbled apologies and see them beat a hasty retreat.

Also funny about the lesbian comment. I heard that also and countered with gee, I have a friend that is gay and her hair is down to her waist! Shall I inform her that she isn't gay because she has long hair and everybody knows that only gay's have short hair?

There are idiots everywhere. I just happen to draw them like I have a big bulls eye painted on my back, LOL.

I am having people tell me I am gay because as a male over 30 and single I MUST be gay because I am not married or living with a woman (actually my mom lives with me due to her health and I do have a female cat but that does not count to those idiots because I have my hands full being a care giver!).

I am having people tell me I am gay because as a male over 30 and single I MUST be gay because I am not married or living with a woman (actually my mom lives with me due to her health and I do have a female cat but that does not count to those idiots because I have my hands full being a care giver!).
That just makes you a good son. :love

Hey, I know a 60+ year old man that lived with his parents until they died and still lives in their house, never married, never had a woman live with him, but I'm still pretty sure he's not gay (never asked or seen a reason to) even though no one has ever really seen him with women. He also doesn't date guys... so... not gay.. lol

Certain people say horrible things it's a reflection of themselves.Theyre bored , frustrated,angry,jealous,etc.Pay no mind to simple minds,you're a loving devout son who has a very caring heart:love

Not gay, just smart and i'm sure your mom appreciates your help. You aren't missing alot in the dateing world the pickins are slim out there.;)

@oldrooster, hang in there. I was a caregiver for both of my parents until I was 52 years old. I lived at home due to health problems. Once my health problems were under control both of my parents were diagnosed with dementia within a few years of one another and I transitioned into being their caregiver. I took care of my dad after my mom passed. He lived with me in the house I bought for myself after mom passed. When he almost burned the house down while I was at work one night I knew I had reached my limit and had to put him in the nursing home where I was working as a nurse. A year later I met my future husband and we married in 2007.

Not everyone marries, nor does everyone marry when they are young. The trick is to live life to its fullest no matter what.

@oldrooster, hang in there. I was a caregiver for both of my parents until I was 52 years old. I lived at home due to health problems. Once my health problems were under control both of my parents were diagnosed with dementia within a few years of one another and I transitioned into being their caregiver. I took care of my dad after my mom passed. He lived with me in the house I bought for myself after mom passed. When he almost burned the house down while I was at work one night I knew I had reached my limit and had to put him in the nursing home where I was working as a nurse. A year later I met my future husband and we married in 2007.

Not everyone marries, nor does everyone marry when they are young. The trick is to live life to its fullest no matter what.
That's so beautiful congratulations at the same time my deepest condolences,life is a roller coaster:love

Back
Top Bottom