Apparently I'm clinging to my youth.

Pics

Chickassan

RIP 1975-2022
6 Years
May 23, 2017
Greenville S.C, formerly Noneya U.S.A
Ok today I found out something even I didn't know about myself, I'm clinging to my youth! Well according to my mother in law and sister in law they didn't tell me since it's such an issue I found out from my fourteen year old niece. Pretty shocked, if I'm clinging I'm doing a terrible job at it. Anyway apparently they take issue with my head hairs, not the way I act or dress but my poor hair that dosent bother a soul. The exact words spoken were I'm too old and I should stop clinging .I'm only 42 and stuck between amused and a little bit miffed. So what do you guys think? Should I let it pass, or get a book at Christmas on minding their business. I've included a picture so y'all can see what the fuss is about.
20170906_163424.jpg

Wow! You should change your profile name to rapunzel! I think you should do what makes you happy. If you love your long hair you shouldn't cut it, no matter what your family says. I don't think any age is too old for long hair. My great great grandmother had a braid down to her waist-a big thick grey braid. you're never too old to have long hair, and you should do what makes you happy!

People that usually say
Ok today I found out something even I didn't know about myself, I'm clinging to my youth! Well according to my mother in law and sister in law they didn't tell me since it's such an issue I found out from my fourteen year old niece. Pretty shocked, if I'm clinging I'm doing a terrible job at it. Anyway apparently they take issue with my head hairs, not the way I act or dress but my poor hair that dosent bother a soul. The exact words spoken were I'm too old and I should stop clinging .I'm only 42 and stuck between amused and a little bit miffed. So what do you guys think? Should I let it pass, or get a book at Christmas on minding their business. I've included a picture so y'all can see what the fuss is about. View attachment 1130253

they don't like long hair or can't grow it long. If it's not giving you headaches I would just leave it.

I'm not going to cut it. I started growing it for my Dad he loved long hair, he cried when my Mom cut hers one of the few times I'd ever seen him do that. I just don't get their issue, they didn't even know it existed until a few days ago I bun it up.

Can always try doing the way in movies like Lordr of the rings or Vikings spoil yourself show it. Feathers are light and easy to wear as well

If I looked that good at 42.... If only! If you like your long hair, then keep it long. I used to have to drape mine over my head board over night after shampooing it. It would still be damp in the morning. I gladly gave up the maintenance after my kids were born. But, you like your long hair, so keep it long. Your relatives need to stop talking about you behind your back... er... behind your hair, and find something else to gossip about. My only suggestion: if you ever do cut it, donate it to Locks of Love.

Back
Top Bottom