Apparently I'm clinging to my youth.

It's beautiful.

It's definitely something to be proud of. Not everyone can grow hair as long and healthy and beautiful as that!

Since they picked a fight with your hair, you should start giving them a reason to complain.

A few beautiful long strands *could* turn up wrapped in their toothbrush bristles or in a dinner you serve them. Just a thought. :highfive:

It's ok I am getting older, it's a side effect of living. And to be completely straight I don't have the time, money or patience to maintain a hairdo. My mom did that for years after hers was cut. It was a never-ending cycle perm, get it set every week, perm. She couldn't even wash it herself because she couldn't replicate what the beautician was doing.

Perm. That's the word I was looking for. I agree with the commenter above: I think your friends are jealous of your gorgeous hair.

I say leave it. It's none of their business. I just turned 29 and until last year had never cut my hair, but, my hair is super thick and HEAVY and it was starting to give me headaches and mess with my neck to support all the weight. So, last year I chopped 15 inches off of it just to lighten it some, it's almost back to the same length and it's about time to lighten it up again. I can't wash it when it's that long, if I do, I have to do it on the weekends because it takes all night to dry, and then it's so tangled and matted in the morning that I have to spend 2 hours untangling it... And I brush it completely before washing, it just can't handle being down, it just turns into dreadlocks.

Even when I do cut my hair, I cut it about even with the bottoms of my shoulder blades, so still long by normal standards, but not the butt length that I'm used to.

My great grandmother was nearly 100 years old when she died, and she didn't have a LOT of hair, but what she had was LONG, she could stand on a low table and her hair would hit the floor... she kept it in a very ornate bun and braid system that was wrapped around her head and I imagine supported some of the weight.

Let it go let them think what they want, I know many ladies old and young who have long hair (I'm one of them I'm 38) my hair is down to my waist and I have no intentions of cutting it just because I'm getting older. I do however wonder why they feel long hair is only for young people
I am not sure but I know my sis is only 9 and her hair is past her hips... And already people are telling her by the time she is a teenager it won't be her style... She lives her hair.

You know, their hairstyles aren't my cup of tea either I've never been vocal about it because it isn't my business. Mother in laws hair is the prettiest I've ever seen it since she stopped dying it black, its a very sharp silver but I've no doubts it will be black again soon. Sister in laws, I can't even describe let's just say its seen alot of stuff. And @theuglychick I've already accidentally left a hair at sister in laws her cat ate it and was dragging a little poop about three feet behind her she took the thing to the vet and told me about it later. This was last year, I didn't fess up but I'm sure she knows it was me now. :)

You know, their hairstyles aren't my cup of tea either I've never been vocal about it because it isn't my business. Mother in laws hair is the prettiest I've ever seen it since she stopped dying it black, its a very sharp silver but I've no doubts it will be black again soon. Sister in laws, I can't even describe let's just say its seen alot of stuff. And @theuglychick I've already accidentally left a hair at sister in laws her cat ate it and was dragging a little poop about three feet behind her she took the thing to the vet and told me about it later. This was last year, I didn't fess up but I'm sure she knows it was me now. :)
lol how ironic that she dyes it black I would say that's holding on to your youth more then having it long to funny

Bahhh, Ive lived too long caring what other people think! I'm 45, I do what makes me happy and so should you. If they didn't have your hair to talk about, it would just be something else.

I completely agree! (43 here). The short hair for older women is just a salon gimmic and perpetuated by media for women to try and achieve impossible beauty standards. We are in our 40's (and some older)- it's the age(s) that we do not care what anyone thinks anymore. It's what makes us happy that matters most. Keep the long hair! Mine is not as long as yours, but like you, I keep it up in a bun. When I have it down people gape...I just laugh. It's true....it's just jealousy.

I completely agree! (43 here). The short hair for older women is just a salon gimmic and perpetuated by media for women to try and achieve impossible beauty standards. We are in our 40's (and some older)- it's the age(s) that we do not care what anyone thinks anymore. It's what makes us happy that matters most. Keep the long hair! Mine is not as long as yours, but like you, I keep it up in a bun. When I have it down people gape...I just laugh. It's true....it's just jealousy.
Why do all of us long hair people keep it in buns?
(Me included) :confused:

Back
Top Bottom