Appenzeller Barthuhner Thread!

Just got my first hatch! Got 3/4 fertility.

Jeannie, how did your hatch do?
They weren't fertile so I moved him and his ladies to a new pen with lots of ladies and looks like there is fertility when opening the eggs. So a few days ago I popped 5 in the incubator and waiting to check on them to see if they are growing.
fl.gif

Here they are!!! Several months ago I purchased a juvenile "pair" (I think we all know where this is going) from greenfire farms. As they were growing up, I noticed their colors were the same. Sent greenfire a picture and they confirmed I didn't have Hansel and Gretel, I had two Hansels. Apparently this happened with someone else too, so they decided to cut one of their flocks and they gave us a hen to replace the extra Hansel, and my mom got me two more hens for my birthday. Now I have three LAYING HENS and two roosters! Love them to death, but now I need more names. LOL heres some pictures

This is one of my pretty boys.

and here are two of my girls. Their beards appear to be pecked off! Weird, but understandable since the beards are so big and fluffy.

They just got here a few days ago from Georgia. I'm not worried since they came from greenfire farms. But they sure do look funny without beards! Maybe they just decided girls shouldn't have beards lol

Back
Top Bottom