Appenzeller Spitzhauben Flock

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NoSkiveez, Feb 3, 2011.

1. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    Flock of Appenzeller Spitzhauben. Flock consists of 1 rooster and 5 hens. Laying. NONE of these birds are hatchery stock. All are under a year old. No shipping. Pick up in Casa Grande, AZ only. $125 Cash at pick up or Paypal. 50% nonrefundable deposit to "Hold" them for you for upto one week. Please hit the "EMAIL"button to contact me about them.

2. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Casa Grande!! I lived there as a kid!!

Used to go to Bashas grocery store and Li'l Sombrero for tacos...lived on Palm Park Blvd in a stucco apartment complex near Cottonwood Elem...of course most of those things are probably long gone...it was like 30 years ago.

Love Spitzhaubens!

3. NoSkiveez

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    Everything except Bashas is still here, including lil sombrero. A lot has changed. There is now a super Walmart. There is a huge mall just East of the I-10 (with a movie theater that doesn't have metal folding chairs). I'm near the base of CG mountain out in the middle of a cotton field near Joharras dairy. Its still a small town feel.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Oh dang!!!!!!! Like I need more Spitzhaubens! Where did the stock came from?

5. NoSkiveez

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    I got these ones from a gentleman down the street from me. Last time I talked to him he had lost 60 birds to a group of dogs.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Oh bummer! Sorry he lost so many! Not fair either!

Wished shipping would be available for you but it would not be kind for them to come up here in such drastic temps changes. Shipping charges are a killer to the pocketbooks!

7. NoSkiveez

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    I figured shipping would be pricey. Plus, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I could just see it now. 'Woman mails chickens and chickens get loose on freeway causing a massive freeway closure' on newspaper headlines.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by