Apple Cider Vinager in water

Sounds like it would be good for them both as much as i've heard about the benifits of vinager. I knew a girl who used a dilution of it in a spray bottle to stop her senegal parrot from feather picking.

I have heard that giving it to chickens in their water will keep them healthy!
big_smile.png

thumbsup.gif
Great job! That's good stuff! I use it for loose or runny stools. That or green tea whatever I have on hand. Clears it up in 24 hours. I never had a funny tasting egg no matter what I fed my birds.
yippiechickie.gif

It does seem to affect the taste...for the better.

I've always used it but pretty much sporadically, meaning whenever I thought about putting some in the water. Then I made my own ACV and had more on hand to use, so I just put it in the water each time I refilled. After I started using it all the time, my regular egg customers started making comments on the change in the taste of my eggs. "Less sulfur taste", "creamier flavor", "more mild", "now I can eat eggs and I've never been able to before without upsetting my stomach" kind of comments. I'll never go back to not using the ACV after the rave reviews that kept coming after using it full time.

Really? You use it all the time? and you don't have a problem with acidosis? I would have thought the high acid content would cause "Ph" problems or that it would kill all of the good gut flora over time. I liked the idea of using it all the time because I feel it helps keep the water clean. I change it daily but I am always amazed at how much junk they get in there with just their beaks. Very interesting - I'll have to look into that some more.

Back
Top Bottom