Apple Cider Vinegar-have you ever drank this?

Quote:
I've heard of the tea tre oil, but haven't tried it yet.
as for sunlight, my case might be too bad for that cure, I spend almost all of my time outside barefoot(could be how I got it in the first place but...) I can't stand shoes, I'm worse than a little kid, I wear sandals all year(even if the midwest winter) and kick my sandals off first thing when I get in the car. did I mention I hate shoes?
lol.png

especially this summer, I think I've tried my darndest to give my feet the most sunshine I possibly can.

my brother in law said to try Vick's vaporub because of the eucalyptus, it seemed like it started to work, very slooooowly, not enough progress to write home about so I gave up.

Thanks for the suggestions!
smile.png

The Home Health Care Podiatrist Nurse told my Mom to rub in Tea Tree Oil, to cure her toe fungus and to put a couple of drops in warm water when she soaked her feet.
After a couple of months the toe fungus was gone.

Somebody told me Vicks Vaporub is good for White Line disease in horses...............
idunno.gif

Some people use TTO for hoof thrush.

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and a friend recommended ACV to me as she said it may help... unfortunately the first occasion I drank it the taste stayed with me all morning - really acid - however, I am now going to try it again MIXED with maybe some honey or something so that I can't taste it so much - it was really good reading all of your positive comments!

Suzie

Thanks all you wonderful BYCrs I now know I will drink this along with the ducks, chickens and everyone else in my house-I bought the bottle of Braggs ACV with Mothers so I know I have the right stuff from Whole Foods. I knew that it should help me with my heartburn but never thought about my little foot problem and the questionable spot on my cat's neck-so we are both using it dabbing it on the spots-we have had such a wet year. So glad that 5.00 can help us so much-and my birds loved the water with it in it and everyone has been running around like crazy acting happy all day. Also put it in mop water earlier-figured it couldnt hurt- way better than chemicals. I have slight asthma and arthritis so I will definately try it out-I have been eating tons of cucumbers to reduce swelling so I will add the ACV to that too and hopefully it will help even more

oh yeah I run around barefoot or sandle foot all the time-I hate shoes too, had a problem since spring but kept it under control, so I will include ACV w/mothers now-just had no idea it was so good-why didnt I know about this years ago??

I pretend I'm doing a shot of tequila. not so bad. then chase it with water. The acid in the vinegar is not good for the teeth so ya need to rinse.

Quote:
Cucumbers with vinegar a small amount of sugar and sliced onion....yummy!
big_smile.png

Now, I never knew about cucumbers and asthma, can you tell me about that?

For thrush I never ever use the typical stuff you buy at the tack store. It's so bad, it kills all tissue, healthy or not. I started using a mix of Neosporin, Athlete's foot creme, Monistat (especially if it's brown and smells yeasty), arnica for the soreness, and...... one other thing I can't think of right now. Works amazingly, and doesn't kill the healthy foot tissue. I just have one crippled horse that has bad feet. I'm always fighting to keep his feet in decent shape, and because they're not great he gets thrush when it's wet. I think next time he gets it I'll try soaking with ACV in between treatments and see how well it does.

I also have a horse who coliced severely, and is now having issues. I think his bacteria is off in his gut, he has some imbalance I can't get straightened out. So he eats the other horses manure, and picks up rocks and dirt. Which could cause another impaction. He's been on a great vit/min supplement that's always worked for him, for years. So I'm sure it must be an imbalance in his gut he's trying to get straight. I think I'll try giving him ACV in his water/ feed and see if it helps.

Hmmm, I bet it would work well for rain rot. I don't have that here, but I know it's a real pain to get rid of.

Do all of you just put ACV in your bird's water? And how much? I'm afraid they'd waste it all as they just splash it out. Maybe I could make a mash once a day with it and their feed.

Quote:
I use 1 tablespoon to 1 gallon of water.
between my dogs and birds, I have two 3 gallon waterers and two 1 gallon waterers, I usually change them every other day, a gallon of ACV lasts quite a while for me
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom