Apple Cider Vinegar

Thanks for all the help. I will look at Walmart this weekend. Even if it doesnt deworm the fact that it helps the poop and immune system is good. So any other good tips? This is what we have as far as our flock. We have one thailand hen, 2 gold comets, 3 New Hampshire reds, and we just got 4 dark brown leg horns. Those girls are about 4 months old and havent started laying yet. We feed Layena and provide supplemental oyster shells at just a free container so they can eat it if they want too. We also give scratch as a treat. The comets and NH reds I think are older birds. We bought them first when we didnt know a whole lot about chickens and they was missing a good bit of feathers and it seemed they would never grow back so we got calf manna and they are now showing signs of pin feathers. We had the sorriest looking flock for awhile. We also give them scratch feed as a supplement. Now I guess I wonder do we have to do anything special for them for the winter? We live in Western NC in the foothills. So it gets cold but not as cold as the mountains. Thanks again for all the help.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks I just started the 10-20 years thread. there is only 938 pages lol. I might get to the end by next week ;)

Thanks for all the help. I will look at Walmart this weekend. Even if it doesnt deworm the fact that it helps the poop and immune system is good.
Just a word on ACV "helping" immune system,
Keep in mind that like humans poultry have a Normal Blood pH level, by offering ACV you lowering the Blood pH and in fact lowering the birds ability to fight off health problems.

Chris

Just a word on ACV "helping" immune system,
Keep in mind that like humans poultry have a Normal Blood pH level, by offering ACV you lowering the Blood pH and in fact lowering the birds ability to fight off health problems.

Chris

Will one tablespoon per gallon of water really affect the chickens that much? I've heard nothing but good things about using vinegar and water, and you're the first to offer a counter-point. It's also a preventative for a number of problems. Do the pros outweigh the cons?

I think I need to see the science behind this...

O.K. I found this:
http://www.ehow.com/about_5504968_vinegar-raise-body-ph.html

and then it just dawned on me...my father was diagnosed with a fatal disease...was given no more than 6 years to live. He used to do the vinegar & honey every day...he went 11 and a half years before he passed away. So...I guess it's like anything, take it for what it's worth. My chickens are extremely healthy...so far so good.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom