Injured Hen

dle124

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 25, 2013
We noticed today our one hen is limping and her right wing is hanging low. We brought her into our basement to separate and help her heal. Any suggestions on how we can help her healing process? I read about putting apple cider vinegar in her water but wondering how much. I have meal worms for her hoping the protein will help.

Have you examined the hen's body from head to tow for signs of injury? If not, that's the first thing you need to do. If you find any injuries, take photos and post them here with a description of what you see. We rely on your narrative along with the photos since we can't see your hen in 3D like you can.

Please tell us your location and climate and recent weather events. This all helps us get a complete picture of the hen's background. Also tell us her age and if she's currently laying.

ACV will not do anything to help your hen. Meal worms will make her happy, but not much more than that.

I had a chicken that survived a dog attack and lost a big piece of her back skin (about 3x3 inches). I am not for doing anyone in (no one goes to freezer camp at my house!). I gave her aspirin in water: five 325mg tablets crushed and dissolved in one gallon of water. She was to only have that water. She seemed comfortable (poor thing!).

I also used indigo Wild's Zum frankincense and myrrh spray ONCE. It smarts (at least on me) for about three seconds, then just feels a little warm, then after than, no pain but speeds healing and prevents infection (kills bad bacteria and fungus). (Realizing we are about chickens--you can use the Zum on any species EXCEPT cats. Horses, dogs, chickens, me... we all have benefited.)

Back
Top Bottom