applesauce-hilarious!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by equus2, May 9, 2008.

1. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Coupla days ago, I offered tray of applesauce mixed with their mash.....I watched them for 20"....and THEY watched the TRAY! Scared to death of this new "thang." I was so disappointed. But when I got home, they'd slicked it up.

Today...I offered it again. 2 silkies jumped on my arm before I got the tray sat down.....then ALL DOVE in! IT was gone in minutes!

A 4' tall dog kennel inside our barn where the teenagers stay until moving to their permanent home. We're up to 12 silkies, 4 golden polish, 2 dominques, and about 20 ameracauna mix-breeds. I'm having so much fun, but I really think hubby is enjoying this as much as me!

2. Cheep Mama

Cheep Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Michigan
    Oh wow, I will try the applesauce tomorrow. Thanks

3. coltsrox

coltsrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Maggie Valley, NC
    lol my wouldnt try it until i thrust their beak in it but then they loved it!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Mine go nuts for it! Then again mine go nuts for rice, applesauce, oatmeal, grapes, my lettuce which they snatched right out of my sandwich when I was not paying attention. That'll teach me to go back to the kitchen for a drink and leave the sandwich plate on the desk. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by