Approx. 18 week old chick lossing feathers?

Mar 29, 2022
Hey guys! 3 weeks ago, I got 10 15-week-old chicks (3 cuckoo Marans, 6 Isa brown mixes, and 1 barred rock). Looking in my litter tray, I just realized that one of the brown ones is losing some feathers. I want to make sure this isn't a problem, because last year I got a California white that also started losing feathers at the same age(a lot more though), started acting strange, and died. Is this normal? LMK if you want to see pics.

I don't think she is getting bullied, because they all get along great and I don't actually know who is losing feathers, I just know they are brown🤣. I will take pictures and upload pictures of the litter tray tomorrow, but fair warning- the litter tray is a little poopy as I haven't cleaned it yet. Sorry!

Hey guys! 3 weeks ago, I got 10 15-week-old chicks (3 cuckoo Marans, 6 Isa brown mixes, and 1 barred rock). Looking in my litter tray, I just realized that one of the brown ones is losing some feathers. I want to make sure this isn't a problem, because last year I got a California white that also started losing feathers at the same age(a lot more though), started acting strange, and died. Is this normal? LMK if you want to see pics.
Pictures? She may just be molting.

Back
Top Bottom