Approx 7 days until hatch!

Pics
I think 7.5 weeks old now. They are hopefully moving outside this weekend or next week. Whenever the weather warms up a bit. Garage is around 55-60 and they are feathered. Just need it to be more than 5 degrees out overnight 🤣🤦‍♀️
And definitely seems like the darker of the two swedish mixes is male and one of the f/w runner mixes is male. So 4/6 female ain’t bad! I love their markings and coloring. So interesting to see how it all plays out. And realized that my runner drake definitely gets around since 4/6 have more of a runner stance 🤣

Attachments

• 7EFE6442-C31A-4D9A-BDD5-5ACC53077AAA.jpeg
    7EFE6442-C31A-4D9A-BDD5-5ACC53077AAA.jpeg
    680 KB · Views: 11
  • 219FF97E-184E-4CD5-810F-4EF0406BDB3E.jpeg
    219FF97E-184E-4CD5-810F-4EF0406BDB3E.jpeg
    625 KB · Views: 8
There's about 7 days left until hatch day for my incubated duck eggs. They are eggs from my own ducks. I started with 10 eggs in the incubator and threw two out midway through. I'm hoping some of the remaining 8 will hatch this coming weekend, but having never done this before, I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. Unfortunately we lost one of our favorite lady ducks this past week to a predator, so I'm really hoping one of her eggs hatches - though no way of telling.
Only on the first page and already typing a reply. So sorry about you losing your girl!! We actually bought an incubator and put our eggs in it for the same reason our mallard drake we lost unfortunately so we tried to hatch out eggs we know he he fathered some. Unfortunately we did not end up with any mallard babies and we miss our Jack boy so much but his loss as led us to the beautiful flock we have now ❤️

I think 7.5 weeks old now. They are hopefully moving outside this weekend or next week. Whenever the weather warms up a bit. Garage is around 55-60 and they are feathered. Just need it to be more than 5 degrees out overnight 🤣🤦‍♀️
And definitely seems like the darker of the two swedish mixes is male and one of the f/w runner mixes is male. So 4/6 female ain’t bad! I love their markings and coloring. So interesting to see how it all plays out. And realized that my runner drake definitely gets around since 4/6 have more of a runner stance 🤣
So beautiful!!!! Do your Swedish have white tips?? One of our blue Swedish boys has a white chest and beautiful white tipped wings that are so distinctive. Our other blue boy only has one white tipped wing but he has a spectacled chest. Our silver Swedish hen has 2 white tipped wings too but since she is so light you can’t see them as easily.

Daily dose of ducklings while I ponder what breed mixes they might be and enjoy them while they are super tiny 🥰🐣🦆
I think blue Swedish babies are the CUTEST!!!!! Like I said before we didn’t our first incubation early this past summer. It was so exciting and fun. To hear the first pip then see the first crack etc. this is mine and my sons obsession my husband doesn’t take too much interest in them and he was right in there watching them with us so amazed how the babies could pop out of such a small egg. We had so much fun. I already told myself I didn’t want to hatch any babies out this summer but after looking at this I’m really thinking about it again!!❤️

So beautiful!!!! Do your Swedish have white tips?? One of our blue Swedish boys has a white chest and beautiful white tipped wings that are so distinctive. Our other blue boy only has one white tipped wing but he has a spectacled chest. Our silver Swedish hen has 2 white tipped wings too but since she is so light you can’t see them as easily.
I’m not sure honestly haha. My blue swedish hen outside is about a year old now. The two ducklings that I assume are swedish mixes are the gray/dark gray in the photos. Probably easier to tell once I move them outside

There's about 7 days left until hatch day for my incubated duck eggs. They are eggs from my own ducks. I started with 10 eggs in the incubator and threw two out midway through. I'm hoping some of the remaining 8 will hatch this coming weekend, but having never done this before, I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much. Unfortunately we lost one of our favorite lady ducks this past week to a predator, so I'm really hoping one of her eggs hatches - though no way of telling.
Hopefully they all hatch! Can't wait for pictures!!!❤

So what do you guys think this girlie is? I’m guessing a runner mix at least. Mostly gray bill now. Specks of either brown or gray in feathers . Looked like the fawn/white runners as a duckling.

Drake possibilities are fawn/white runner, magpie, or mallard. My guess is fawn/white runner drake.

Lady possibilities are:
Blue runner that didn’t stand fully upright
Blue swedish
Fawn/white runner
Mallard (not likely lol)
White crested
White layer

Attachments

• 3175AFA0-D901-49D0-8FCA-28E44178D492.jpeg
    3175AFA0-D901-49D0-8FCA-28E44178D492.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 8

Back