Approx 7 days until hatch!

Im
Sorry for your loss. I also lost a duck last month and it has been really sad around here.
I tried to incubate the eggs I had from her but none of them took :(. My ducks are pretty young girls are 6 months and my drake is 4 months. The eggs were fertile but not taking in the incubator. I finally just let my other girl build her nest and left the eggs each day. She now has 17 but a week ago I noticed she was sitting all night but wouldn’t go near them all day. So I took them out put in chicken eggs ( non fertile store bought was all I had lol) so I didn’t leave her with an empty nest . The ones that were there didn’t take in incubator but the one laid that morning and the next morning I took it right away have both started to grow
I’m so nervous about getting this right
I wish you the best of luck with your little ones and can’t wait to see pictures of the babies.

Im
Sorry for your loss. I also lost a duck last month and it has been really sad around here.
I tried to incubate the eggs I had from her but none of them took :(. My ducks are pretty young girls are 6 months and my drake is 4 months. The eggs were fertile but not taking in the incubator. I finally just let my other girl build her nest and left the eggs each day. She now has 17 but a week ago I noticed she was sitting all night but wouldn’t go near them all day. So I took them out put in chicken eggs ( non fertile store bought was all I had lol) so I didn’t leave her with an empty nest . The ones that were there didn’t take in incubator but the one laid that morning and the next morning I took it right away have both started to grow
I’m so nervous about getting this right
I wish you the best of luck with your little ones and can’t wait to see pictures of the babies.
So sorry about your loss as well. My ducks are about 10 months old, so a bit older than yours. Mine are not broody, and I didn't expect them to be broody now that its cold and most of mine are not naturally broody breeds. I'm just hoping for some fun cute ducklings to take care of this winter since all my normal hobbies fizzle out in the winter!

So sorry about your loss as well. My ducks are about 10 months old, so a bit older than yours. Mine are not broody, and I didn't expect them to be broody now that its cold and most of mine are not naturally broody breeds. I'm just hoping for some fun cute ducklings to take care of this winter since all my normal hobbies fizzle out in the winter!
My girl is a Pekin and my drake is a khaki Campbell so I will also get mixed ducklings
Pekins are not great for broody either. She has a beautiful nest built up and she turns her eggs a few times a day but only sits at night. I’m hoping as she gets older she may do better
I’m in Canada and it gets cold here to so my ducks are a bit spoiled and have their own room in my basement with a smaller duck house in there that she has made into her nesting box. The room has a cement floor so I put down tarps and taped them down and up the wall. It’s really easy to clean. But I am cleaning it a lot so it doesn’t smell in my house lol After loosing Mia I got really protective of them

What kind of ducks do you have ? What country are you in ?

My girl is a Pekin and my drake is a khaki Campbell so I will also get mixed ducklings
Pekins are not great for broody either. She has a beautiful nest built up and she turns her eggs a few times a day but only sits at night. I’m hoping as she gets older she may do better
I’m in Canada and it gets cold here to so my ducks are a bit spoiled and have their own room in my basement with a smaller duck house in there that she has made into her nesting box. The room has a cement floor so I put down tarps and taped them down and up the wall. It’s really easy to clean. But I am cleaning it a lot so it doesn’t smell in my house lol After loosing Mia I got really protective of them

What kind of ducks do you have ? What country are you in ?
Indiana in the US.
Laying Ladies:
Blue Swedish
Blue Runner (just lost this past week to predator)
Mallard
Fawn/White Runner
White Crested
Pekin or White layer

Drakes:
Magpie
Mallard
Fawn/White Runner

Others that are too young for the egg incubating experiment:
Pekins

Indiana in the US.
Laying Ladies:
Blue Swedish
Mallard
Fawn/White Runner
White Crested
Pekin or White layer

Drakes:
Magpie
Mallard
Fawn/White Runner

Pekins
Oh you really will have some pretty awesome mixes. This is really exciting. Please make sure to post pictures of the babies
I am getting a blue Swedish girl this spring
They are a beautiful duck.

Sorry to those that had bad luck and losses. Good luck to those that have eggs about to hatch.

Safego incubators are often not pricey and are very stable; doing well with duck eggs.
I have a small one that was priced around $25. It hatches all kinds of eggs with a much higher success rate than the broody birds.
At this time I have a Call duck and a mixed Mallard hen brooding and will soon hatch ducklings. Two other calls, a mix mallard, and a muscovy are laying.
Oddly enough, one of my older hen turkeys is laying too. I noticed blooms on a fruit tree the other day-SPRING is early?
I've hatched a couple dozen ducklings in the incubator in the last two months and more to hatch in a week or so.
acd2.jpg

Sorry to those that had bad luck and losses. Good luck to those that have eggs about to hatch.

Safego incubators are often not pricey and are very stable; doing well with duck eggs.
I have a small one that was priced around $25. It hatches all kinds of eggs with a much higher success rate than the broody birds.
At this time I have a Call duck and a mixed Mallard hen brooding and will soon hatch ducklings. Two other calls, a mix mallard, and a muscovy are laying.
Oddly enough, one of my older hen turkeys is laying too. I noticed blooms on a fruit tree the other day-SPRING is early?
I've hatched a couple dozen ducklings in the incubator in the last two months and more to hatch in a week or so.View attachment 2913068
They are so cute !
I didn’t even want ducks it was my 17 year old son that after a year finally talked us into it. Now I can’t imagine life without them
They are the coolest pet we have ever had.

Indiana in the US.
Laying Ladies:
Blue Swedish
Mallard
Fawn/White Runner
White Crested
Pekin or White layer

Drakes:
Magpie
Mallard
Fawn/White Runner

Pekins
Which part of IN?

Back