April 1 chicks @ 17weeks UPDATED 7/31 - PIC HEAVY.

Superb photos! I wish I could get shots like that!
clap.gif

any new pics? Have you figured out who're roos and not?

Out of the eight chicks I am definite about three roos and two hens. The others are still mysterious.
Anyone in MA looking for a nice roo, let me know!

? (looking like a roo)

A chip off the old block.

A hen!

?

?

barnie.gif
Another roo.

Another hen!

Elkie (left) and the "little" yellow chick now 3 months old. (looking like a roo)

[COLOR=0000CD]Out of the eight chicks I am definite about three roos and two hens. The others are still mysterious.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]Anyone in MA looking for a nice roo, let me know![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]? (looking like a roo)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]A chip off the old block.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]A hen![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]?[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=0000CD]?[/COLOR]
:barnie [COLOR=0000CD]Another roo.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]Another hen![/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD]Elkie (left) and the "little" yellow chick now 3 months old. (looking like a roo)[/COLOR]
1,3,4,5 & 7 are all hens :) 2, 6 and Elkie's baby are boys.

Yesterday we got a surprise. It only took 135 days for the cycle to come full circle. Elkie's real baby has already started to lay. 135 days. Elkie was an early layer also at 144 days. Back left is a normal size egg from our Cinnamon Queen. Back right is an Elkie bantam egg and the two green eggs are from the little bantam hen below.

[COLOR=000080]Yesterday we got a surprise. It only took 135 days for the cycle to come full circle. Elkie's real baby has already started to lay. 135 days. Elkie was an early layer also at 144 days. Back left is a normal size egg from our Cinnamon Queen. Back right is an Elkie bantam egg and the two green eggs are from the little bantam hen below.[/COLOR]
:thumbsup Congrats!

Today we had all 9 of our hens lay an egg for the first time. I was trying to figure out which hen was laying which egg but until today I still had two that I wasn’t sure of. Mystery solved. We have a variety pack that’s for sure. The yellow lines are from our older hens the pink lines are from the hens we hatched on April 1. Pretty cool! The three roosters are all getting along and position themselves in a triangle around the hens all day keeping them safe (so far).

1 large brown egg from the Cinnamon Queen
1 large light brown egg from White Rock #1
1 large lighter brown egg from White Rock #2
1 small white egg from our bantam Elkie
1 medium blue egg from our light blue/brown hen
1 medium blue egg from our brown hen
1 small green egg from our white bantam
1 small blue/green egg from our gold bantam
1 medium olive egg from our Cinnamon Queen x Louie cross hen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom