April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

criaa.PNG

Set 3/19 for a 4/10 hatch. Fridge eggs from health food store, farm local, and they have roosters.

Last edited:
I would love to join your hatch along for April. We are heading into autumn so it is hard to find fertile eggs but my sister just lost her entire flock to a fox. She is devastated so today i will be setting gold laced wyandottes, australorps, aracaunas, speckled sussex and barnyard mix eggs. A total of 36 eggs. She will improve her coop while i incubate some chicks for her. Hope we end up with a few chicks around 10th april. Love reading the HAL threads. I also think hatching chicks from store bought eggs is amazing. In Australia i assumed all store bought eggs are infertile. It would be interesting to find out if some of the smaller stores carry fertile free range eggs.

we have duckage heheh.. i'll have to find a home for them if these make it, a lady at work said she had ducks randomly laying eggs around so i asked her for a few eggs, she wasnt even too sure about them being fertile etc.. so she gave me 7 .. i forgot to even ask what they were lol, i'll have to inquire when i see her again ..anyway we're at day 8 due on the 9th i think ..

Attachments

• CIMG1822.JPG
    CIMG1822.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
My eggs should arrive next week, and fingers crossed the post treats them well. I ordered 24 Light Sussex eggs from Bavaria, which is just one State over from me. This will probably be the last time i order eggs though. My flock is starting to take shape and I just need to cull a few undesirable Roosters, but at the moment I need more hens.

On Thursday the 18 of march I set 15 dwarf silkie chicks and 16 mixed dwarf silkie chicks. I ordered only 10 of each sort. But got the extra ones from the breeder for free.... the almost didn't fit in my incubator.

I switched my incubator to a king suro 20. Hopefully he works well.

Attachments

• 20210321_100848[1].jpg
    20210321_100848[1].jpg
    224 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210321_100856[1].jpg
    20210321_100856[1].jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom