April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

I would love to see a photo of the chicken!! So curious about these store bought eggs haha
Here she is! Frankie the Fabulous.
Hatched last June, she started laying at 18 1/2 weeks and hasn’t missed a single day since. Lays large tinted eggs. She hatched out of a medium brown egg. After many posts here on BYC, came to the conclusion that she’s half red sex link and half leghorn. She’s my friendliest chicken as well and still enjoys lap time.🥰
IMG_8823.JPG
IMG_8560 (1).jpg

He put my eggs in the post this morning, so they should be here on wednesday. I'll have to check the air cells and decide how long they will have to sit. So no date for the hatch yet. I will be so glad, when I can hatch my own and not have to have them shipped.
Ain't that the truth! So lovely hatching your own eggs after the hassle, headache and often times heartache of shipped eggs!🥰

I'm joining!

So, the person I was saving eggs for hasn't replied, and I was stressing out about them dropping in fertility, when the suggestion came: "set them!" So, two minutes later I was in the basement plugging in the 'bator.

I'm using a Hovabator 1588 for the second time. I think the temp was too low last time so I upped it a notch. I think. The temp settings are confusing. Oh well, I did my best!

In a few minutes I'll set over a dozen silkie eggs and maybe some silkie/bantam Orpington mixes. I'll report the exact count soon.

Let the party begin!

I'm joining!

So, the person I was saving eggs for hasn't replied, and I was stressing out about them dropping in fertility, when the suggestion came: "set them!" So, two minutes later I was in the basement plugging in the 'bator.

I'm using a Hovabator 1588 for the second time. I think the temp was too low last time so I upped it a notch. I think. The temp settings are confusing. Oh well, I did my best!

In a few minutes I'll set over a dozen silkie eggs and maybe some silkie/bantam Orpington mixes. I'll report the exact count soon.

Let the party begin!
Yay, even more silkies!:wee

Back
Top Bottom