April 2021 Hatch - A - Long

Pics
View attachment 2609864
I combined both fridge egg hatches. They were about 11 days apart, but one is a bantam so that is fine. They wanted to be together. Chickens always do better in groups.

I cleaned my foam incubator with water and vinegar. Tomorrow I will let it sit in the sun for an hr. I have more eggs coming next week. I am going to dry hatch the next batch. I have dry hatched before, seems to work better.
Where are you getting your eggs?

My chicks hatched 7/10 this morning 3 will be ready later in the afternoon and today is my hatch day.
20210411_084241.jpg

I'll wait a week or 2 then I'm gonna put them in my nest box that I converted into a brooder attached to the coop so the parents can check them out everyday.

I’m candling on day 12 and I’m having trouble finding air cells. My eggs are difficult to see into though so I’m wondering that’s part of it or if the humidity is too high:hmm. Do veins extend into the air cell? Or is it supposed to be completely clear?

Getting back into the swing of things after taking a winter break. I started setting just in time for an Easter hatch. Had 3 showgirls and a few regular silkies hatch from that. Also had some LF cochin hatch. Now I have showgirls and cochin set to hatch next weekend and the weekend after that. I love these hatch a longs, but they got me into trouble last year...…:oops: Most of the chicks I hatch right now will be sold, but being me I have already ordered silky and some Swedish Flower hen eggs for me to pick up next weekend when my bator will be empty. I also set up my cooler bators today in hopes of having more room. So now I have 6 incubators. My hubby is going to kill me!!!:plbb:confused:

Back
Top Bottom